INTENSE 6.6 SS

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 22:27 Quote
its a true weight, thats 8.7Ib , medium size frame, whats not far off the slopestyle rigs, and a great weight for a freeride bike.

mines a small, its anodized and has a short shock option, what drops the weight further.

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
elbry wrote:
MDE PUSHER,
i think theres another thread about how damn ugly that bike is... i think>

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
sorry im wrong, its about there new proto, which is damn ugly

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
lol, ye the bike your thinking of being the proto made for pro team rider jack from last year,whats not based on the pusher.see my photos for the pusher.

a I-Link slopestyle bikes in the works...

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
im getting a intense slopestyle and i dont know if i should get a totem or a fox van rc2

please respond on my profile

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
what kind of fork should i put on my ss????
please respond on my profile

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
the intense ss, banshee and the transition have all not proven themself in slopestyle comps.

well I can't speak for the Intense and Transition, but the Banshee / Mythic Wildcard was certaintly used by Banshee's 2 australian riders in the 2007 Whistler Crankworx Slopestyle competition, and although both failed to make the finals, they got mentions for some awesome tricks during qualifying

both these riders have entered several dirt jump and slopestyle events back in Australia and have won these...Alan and Chris are pulling all the rotations, flips and tricks that the "names" are...its just harder for riders from small companies to get noticed, especially at events like Crankworx where there is a strong suspicion and comments were made by numerous spectators that "name riders" got put through at the expense of people in qualifying...

since Crankworx SS for 2008 is invite only, you won't be seeing many up and comers any more..just the known riders from the big factory teams like Specialized, Norco, Kona, etc. and Banshee are trying hard to get their guys into the comp...
Casey Groves won the air affiar to get into Crankworxs on a trasition double.

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
hey do you guys think the intense ss would be good for me. i'm 13 120 lbs without gear and still growing. i would use it for dh racing and some freeride. and if not any reccomendations would be nice.

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
i would say that both linkages have there pros and cons.
my dad has the old style enduro, same design as the SX series, and it suffers on the rough stuff terribly
and the brake jack is very noticable.
i would say that vpp is better for its tracking ability, and it hugs the ground well by sitting so far into the bikes travel.

i have an sx trail now and im looking into selling my sx that ive had for a month and buying a ss with full xt and a 36 van rc2, my dad offered to buy me bike with in reasoble price and i think im going to sell my sx trail and pay half of the cost of the new bike 5 grand and he pays the other half thus having one sick ass bike versus my current sx trail and anohter biek most likely a xc bike cuz all i got around he is hardcore xc but i got places to ride the ss though. what do you think?

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
I have riden the Transition Bottlerocket which is similar to the Intense SS and I can say that they are very fast bikes, a little on the heavy side, but still quick.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
Manetherin wrote:
I have riden the Transition Bottlerocket which is similar to the Intense SS and I can say that they are very fast bikes, a little on the heavy side, but still quick.

Wow, that seems... logical

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 7:13 Quote
Well all I can say is that I am chuffed with mine. Came out at exactly 34 pounds dead. Weighed accuratly with fishing scales on the centre balance point of the bike which was just on the upper shock mount. To be fair though I have now put Maxxis Highrollers on it so it probably has gone up a bit in weight now compared to the Continental Gravity tyres I had on here.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/carlb4/P1000727.jpg
And I am really pleased with the way it rides and I have no complaints.

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
typecaRl wrote:
Well all I can say is that I am chuffed with mine. Came out at exactly 34 pounds dead. Weighed accuratly with fishing scales on the centre balance point of the bike which was just on the upper shock mount. To be fair though I have now put Maxxis Highrollers on it so it probably has gone up a bit in weight now compared to the Continental Gravity tyres I had on here.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/carlb4/P1000727.jpg

i like it, i had singletracks before and there not bad wheels there superlight and shit but when they take a huge hit they dont hold up so well like mine did. nice bike though i like the fork magura is starting to turn on me

photo

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
Keep in mind that rim destruction could be as result of a poor wheel build, Didnt you ride that wheel without a tire to destroy it like that?

There are a lot of guys running Singletracks without blowing them up like that and on full on DH bikes, not SS bikes.

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
extremefreerider89 wrote:
typecaRl wrote:

i like it, i had singletracks before and there not bad wheels there superlight and shit but when they take a huge hit they dont hold up so well like mine did. nice bike though i like the fork magura is starting to turn on me

photo

Holy shit dude well done lol. And yeh I have heard they can only take so much. But I dont plan to push them too hard anyways. Im not crazy like doing 60 foot drops and shit like that. Plus Im only a light weight myself. So hopefully the suspension will do its stuff before the wheels give out. Plus I built the wheels myself so hand built wheels are always better than factory built. See how I get on tho. If I do have a problem with buckelling at a later date will consider some other options maybe. And yeah Im really pleased with the Magura forks. I was gonna go with Fox talas 36s but then thought no I wanna be different so thought would give these a try. And yeh Im well chuffed with em. Funny coz when I first saw em with the double arch I thought they looked bloody ugly. But now seeing them on the bike. f*ck yeh Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029041
Mobile Version of Website