Help with building dirt jump for tricks

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help with building dirt jump for tricks
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
Hey guys, im building some jumps on my backyard and I already built some small. One is like small jump with 5feet gap. And other is little bit bigger is 3feet tall takeoff and 7feet gap. (thats the maximum I can get speed for maybe little more) so Im looking to build a compact jump to get good air time to learn some basic tricks. I can build like a wooden takeoff thats no problem but I dunno how to do it Big Grin Can you tell me the specs for this jump? Like how tall takeoff and landing how steep and this specs? I can dig some dirt but I think there isn't good dirt Its too dusty on the top. I think deeper is better. I got 27,5 dj bike Big Grin (Funny but I cant get anything else) thx for your ideas and helping me.

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 17:21 Quote
I usually build all mine 4 feet tall, 4 feet wide, 8 feet long, and 8 feet radius. I find that it’s the perfect balance between being able to use it as a long and low, or boosting it. The sides can be cut out of the same piece of ply, so you can save a bit of money there. I brace it with 20 2x4’s. 3/4” ply on the side and 2 pieces of 1/8” ply on the top. I think I have a picture of one I made on my profile if you want to see how they look.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008312
Mobile Version of Website