Guide R

PB Forum :: SRAM
Guide R
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 13:38 Quote
I recently bought a (barely) used bike which came with Guide R's. Used it last week at Bike Park Wales Got a bit out of shape on a table top and briefly dabbed the rear to drop the front. The lever went almost to the bar and stayed there; didn't return at all and it felt like I landed with the rear locked. Bits of bike and me across the landscape.

I've done the usual web search and come up with a lot of similar experiences. The fault seems to revolve around the piston and heat. I've emailed ZyroFisher twice (UK importer) but received nothing back at all.

Are there others out there with a similar experience; and did you get any resolution from SRAM.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
reidobi wrote:
I recently bought a (barely) used bike which came with Guide R's. Used it last week at Bike Park Wales Got a bit out of shape on a table top and briefly dabbed the rear to drop the front. The lever went almost to the bar and stayed there; didn't return at all and it felt like I landed with the rear locked. Bits of bike and me across the landscape.

I've done the usual web search and come up with a lot of similar experiences. The fault seems to revolve around the piston and heat. I've emailed ZyroFisher twice (UK importer) but received nothing back at all.

Are there others out there with a similar experience; and did you get any resolution from SRAM.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Guide R are pretty much crap brakes. Its piston is the same as Guide RS. Stock pistons are jam prone under heat. Replacing the piston kit solves half the issue. Bleeding is a chore with Guide. Use quality 5.1 fluid and bleed thoroughly to get air bubbles vacuumed out. Use a hair dryer to heat the lever and caliper up hot enough then bleed them again.

ZR

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
There's a known problem with Sram levers.
At this jammed the master piston.
You can repair this. To remove the master piston etc. you find a manual at the Sram homepage.
For the repair of the master piston you find tips in the Disc Brake Compendium.
Download at:
https://c.gmx.net/@418026224904837772/fMmSKuZVRr-4ykT6jwnXHg

Capitel 13.3

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 20:47 Quote
The plastic the master cylinder is made of expands when heated, this causes the master cylinder to seize in the leaver body on hot days, You can file down the master cylinder ( CARFULING) and apply a light layer of DOT grease to resolve the issue. Alternatively you can get usually warranty the levers through your local SRAM dealer, Sram usually comps the service and you'll be in and out for the price of postage.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015396
Mobile Version of Website