YT Jeffsy 29 FAQ

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT Jeffsy 29 FAQ
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
MPFit wrote:
Of that upgrade list, what are the CL brake pads?

Hmm good question. I just skimmed over that and assumed that meant metallic pads vs organic ones that mostly come stock.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
Added this to the main page. It's kinda a non-answer, but it'll point you in the right direction.

I want to change my shock to X or Y. What hardware do I need?

The best way to determine this is to download the exploded diagram view on the YT website. The link will be different depending where you live, so an auto-link posted here may not work. The link to the US diagram is here. Consulting the brand of shock you bought is also a good idea. It is not always the case that you can reuse the mounting hardware that came with the stock shock.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
MPFit wrote:
Of that upgrade list, what are the CL brake pads?

Hmm good question. I just skimmed over that and assumed that meant metallic pads vs organic ones that mostly come stock.

CL is a brand of brake pads with roots in the moto industry. The stock Guide R/RS/RSC pads are pretty "meh", and I find the CL pads to be significantly longer lasting and quieter. It can be tricky to track down their products, but there's a good chance that a bike shop somewhere near you has them. If not, I'd order through a moto shop. You can learn more at this link.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
zsandstrom wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
MPFit wrote:
Of that upgrade list, what are the CL brake pads?

Hmm good question. I just skimmed over that and assumed that meant metallic pads vs organic ones that mostly come stock.

CL is a brand of brake pads with roots in the moto industry. The stock Guide R/RS/RSC pads are pretty "meh", and I find the CL pads to be significantly longer lasting and quieter. It can be tricky to track down their products, but there's a good chance that a bike shop somewhere near you has them. If not, I'd order through a moto shop. You can learn more at this link.

Whoa awesome info, I'll add that too. I've also heard really good things about Galfer pads and rotors, but haven't tried myself. I have some riding buds who claim that their pads and rotors with Sram brakes can produce shimano-like bite with less pressure on the lever, while still retaining Sram modulation.

Again, not something I can confirm. Just what I've heard.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 11:25 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
zsandstrom wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:


Hmm good question. I just skimmed over that and assumed that meant metallic pads vs organic ones that mostly come stock.

CL is a brand of brake pads with roots in the moto industry. The stock Guide R/RS/RSC pads are pretty "meh", and I find the CL pads to be significantly longer lasting and quieter. It can be tricky to track down their products, but there's a good chance that a bike shop somewhere near you has them. If not, I'd order through a moto shop. You can learn more at this link.

Whoa awesome info, I'll add that too. I've also heard really good things about Galfer pads and rotors, but haven't tried myself. I have some riding buds who claim that their pads and rotors with Sram brakes can produce shimano-like bite with less pressure on the lever, while still retaining Sram modulation.

Again, not something I can confirm. Just what I've heard.

Well, I wouldn't say that the CL pads produce more bite than the stock pads; it's maybe a little better but it's nothing to write home about. What I can say is that they sound a lot less like an orgy of drunken geese, and that they last about 3x as long as the SRAM pads. Seriously, I've serviced nearly 1,000 miles on my current set, and they're only about halfway worn. It's pretty remarkable.

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 12:58 Quote
zimm17 wrote:
Just to add that the "Absolute Black Race Face Oval Cinch Boost Direct Mount Traction Chainring" (30T) fits my 2018 Jeffsy 29 AL without grinding. Chain line looks good to my untrained eye.

I'm going to pull this statement back. After more riding, I'm was getting "clicking" in 8th and 9th gear. I don't know if that's what you call "grinding", but it's the sound you get when the rear derailleur cable is off by a little bit. No amount of adjustment will get rid of it without affecting 1st or 11th gear. I went back to the race race chainring and everything is back to normal.

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Also dont know if it was mentioned, but the rear axle pitch is 1.5

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
YT Jeffsy Water Bottle Cage Solution!!

I had a very difficult time finding a way to put a water bottle on my son's Jeffsy. I finally found a work around.

1) I purchased the Performance FreeLoader cage:
https://www.performancebike.com/shop/fort%C3%A9-freeloader-cage-40-4527

2) I removed the bottle clap from the mount assembly, as this gets the cage closer to the frame. Any of the other adapter solutions sold raise the cage even further from the frame and thus decrease the space in which you can acommodate a bottle

3) I drilled new bottle cage bolt holes into the clamp

4) Now he can run a small bottle as shown. The bottle is held in place by the frame at the bottom, and the shock at the top.



Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
Pretty cool solution. Just FYI there's also the Zefal Cage and Specialized Roll Cage also work if you don't use the limiter/spacer. And, of course, the YT Bottlemaster 8000 or whatever it's called. Personally, I haven't tried the YT version but couldn't get the specialized or zefal cages to work. Just found it too hard/annoying to get out of my frame while riding and I basically had to stop to get my bottle out. Would rather just sweat with a pack on my back than take water breaks.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
AlfieC wrote:
YT Jeffsy Water Bottle Cage Solution!!

I had a very difficult time finding a way to put a water bottle on my son's Jeffsy. I finally found a work around.

1) I purchased the Performance FreeLoader cage:
https://www.performancebike.com/shop/fort%C3%A9-freeloader-cage-40-4527

2) I removed the bottle clap from the mount assembly, as this gets the cage closer to the frame. Any of the other adapter solutions sold raise the cage even further from the frame and thus decrease the space in which you can acommodate a bottle

3) I drilled new bottle cage bolt holes into the clamp

4) Now he can run a small bottle as shown. The bottle is held in place by the frame at the bottom, and the shock at the top.


Having the shock spring rub against the bottle is probably not a good idea. I cannot see the soft plastic hurting the steel spring, but I can see the bottle being ejected during full compression.


Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
Fox Shock code DG2L- 2018, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos Evol LV, YT, Jeffsy Pro 29", 7.875, 2.25, 0.2 Spacer, DCL, DRM, CMF, Standard Logo

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
Just wanted to update everyone that I've sold my Jeffsy and since the 2019s are out the interest in this thread about the 2016-2018 bikes will be disappearing over time. Thanks for your contributions and if anyone has anything they want to add feel free to post away, but I won't be updating the front page any longer.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Just wanted to update everyone that I've sold my Jeffsy and since the 2019s are out the interest in this thread about the 2016-2018 bikes will be disappearing over time. Thanks for your contributions and if anyone has anything they want to add feel free to post away, but I won't be updating the front page any longer.
Cheers for the input!

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Just wanted to update everyone that I've sold my Jeffsy and since the 2019s are out the interest in this thread about the 2016-2018 bikes will be disappearing over time. Thanks for your contributions and if anyone has anything they want to add feel free to post away, but I won't be updating the front page any longer.

Could you change the title to indicate 2016-2018 ?
Thanks for this btw!

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030713
Mobile Version of Website