Boxxer Fork sometimes sticking solid

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Boxxer Fork sometimes sticking solid
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
I've had a while away from riding and have noticed that after getting out on the bike that my Boxxers do a weird thing where randomly they seem to stop responding to my weight movement and loading. So for example I'll move my weight from all the way back to all the way over the fork and the fork won't sag down at all and takes me bouncing on it to get it to move. (It's also solid over small bumps while like this) I feel this maybe the cause of my arm pump (see below). This issue isn't present on my similarly aged Lyriks...

I have a pair of Boxxer Race 2010. I've had problems with them since new, I changed the seals to low friction and serviced them regular to improve small bump sensitivity. It did. I have had issues with arm pump with these forks even after all that.

If anyone has any ideas please share them!

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 16:07 Quote
get it serviced properly by a shop

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 8:53 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
get it serviced properly by a shop

My servicing isn't the issue. If there is an issue with the fork it's more fundamental than a service (because it made no difference to this issue) so before I send it off to be looked at I want to know if it's all Boxxers or just mine...

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 10:05 Quote
OK. Had another look. I adjusted the top clamp to make sure they were in line and I backed off the front wheel axel to make sure it wasn't pinching the fork. One of them seem to have sorted it... See how it goes.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.009710
Mobile Version of Website