Summer front tyre/winter rear tyre

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Summer front tyre/winter rear tyre
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
Looking for a tyre to replace my stock front tyre (wire bead hard as a rock vigilante) that’s compound is slightly on the harder side so that when winter comes I can run it on the back and get a new tyre for the front. Currently looking at high rollers and Hans Dampfs (running on 29mm rims btw) any and all suggestions are appreciated

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 2:19 Quote
Have you looked at any of the continental tyres? They have a black chilli compound and its pretty hard wearing. Ive got a trail king on my full sus trail bike on the front currently but will swap that to the rear for the winter but they do some chunkier tyres too if needed - the new mountain king seems to have some good reviews and there are also others that are more enduro/DH focused too

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Covmtb wrote:
Have you looked at any of the continental tyres? They have a black chilli compound and its pretty hard wearing. Ive got a trail king on my full sus trail bike on the front currently but will swap that to the rear for the winter but they do some chunkier tyres too if needed - the new mountain king seems to have some good reviews and there are also others that are more enduro/DH focused too
I’ve looked quite a bit at Conti and while the tread pattern on them seems to be fine, I’ve heard nothing but negatives about the casing, which is a pretty big turn off for me, but thanks for your input

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
I have Conti on one bike and Maxxis on the other and prefer the Contis.

A worn High Roller should be OK on the back, I found a new one too draggy and replaced it with an Aggressor. When the Aggressor wears out, I plan to move the worn High Roller to the rear and fit the new one which is now spare on the front.

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 5:29 Quote
Id go with the Hans dampf.
Ive used contis in the past. They were great until you get a puncture and then the side walls warp.
happened on both mine and a friends trail king.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009244
Mobile Version of Website