Anyone ordered from this place before?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Anyone ordered from this place before?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 11:13 Quote
Hi
Has anyone ordered from this company before?

http://cyclescorp.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 7:29 Quote
No but there’s only one way of finding out...

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
I'd 100% not buy from there dude.
I have no experience of this particular site and maybe I do them a disservice, but:
1) You're unlikely to get any useful warranty for stuff not sold through an authorised dealer, and;
2) Google "Indonesian Bike Scam" and see how many people have had good experiences vs. lost their cash.
I also never trust websites where I can't readily see what payment methods they accept until after you've started the checkout process and given them your details. In this case they only accept bank transfer so absolutely no protection whatsoever, and also bear in mind that unless the savings are massive you'll lose most of the difference paying VAT and import duties (and courier fees for paying those on your behalf) when it comes into the UK.

I've bought lots of stuff from outside the UK/EU and only had good experiences, but am careful about it and this looks kinda sketchy to me Wink

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 15:01 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
I'd 100% not buy from there dude.
I have no experience of this particular site and maybe I do them a disservice, but:
1) You're unlikely to get any useful warranty for stuff not sold through an authorised dealer, and;
2) Google "Indonesian Bike Scam" and see how many people have had good experiences vs. lost their cash.
I also never trust websites where I can't readily see what payment methods they accept until after you've started the checkout process and given them your details. In this case they only accept bank transfer so absolutely no protection whatsoever, and also bear in mind that unless the savings are massive you'll lose most of the difference paying VAT and import duties (and courier fees for paying those on your behalf) when it comes into the UK.

I've bought lots of stuff from outside the UK/EU and only had good experiences, but am careful about it and this looks kinda sketchy to me Wink

Very sound advice ^^^^^

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 1:18 Quote
Ooops I missed the NO part but thought it might be obvious from my sarcastic reply.

Leave well alone :-)

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 1:20 Quote
Thanks guys.
After more digging theres no way i will order from there.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 11:33 Quote
No worries dude. Safest way to approach interweb shopping is to assume everyone is less trustworthy than Michael Gove until they've proved otherwise Wink

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 7:33 Quote
If it’s got MG’s seal of approval, it’s gotta be a risk!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010147
Mobile Version of Website