How do people get their bikes so clean?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How do people get their bikes so clean?
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
Fairy liquid and water.....

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 16:56 Quote
Ecstar motorcycle wash from Suzuki. It's really gentle but it's one of those "Spray on, let sit, hose off" cleaners. (I can't help myself and I always use a sponge with some of the cleaner in it. Spray the bike down with water, follow with the sudsy sponge, rinse, dry.)

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
What do you guys think about the finish line Showroom polish & protectant..? I'm not to keen on using this on my fork stanchions or my dropper.

just use some silicon spray on your stanchions

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
people with clean bikes have too much time on their hands, if you have a FT job and ride 3-4-5 times a week... i can't keep up with it, it just stays dirty. knock the dust off with water and clean my chain, soap and water about every other week..maybe

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 13:41 Quote
lblizzard wrote:
people with clean bikes have too much time on their hands, if you have a FT job and ride 3-4-5 times a week... i can't keep up with it, it just stays dirty. knock the dust off with water and clean my chain, soap and water about every other week..maybe

As a British rider, what is this “dust” of which you speak? ;-)

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
lblizzard wrote:

As a British rider, what is this “dust” of which you speak? ;-)

dust, dirt, mud, leaves, american slang i guess for anything stuck to your frame that a water hose will "knock off" without soap. unless you live in the western part of the USA, which indeed does have mostly dust from the arid conditions. I'm east coast.
also people say never take your bike to the car wash.. if are VERY careful you can "knock a lot of dust off" of the frame and tires

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
I too have had the best luck with Muc off. No worryin about overspray as it is safe for all areas of the bike

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015229
Mobile Version of Website