2016 Scott Genius 750 with Cane Creek DBAir CS

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
2016 Scott Genius 750 with Cane Creek DBAir CS
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
Just wanted to show off a pic and some info on my 2016 Scott Genius 750 shock swap. I realize this bike is somewhat old news but I got a great deal on it brand new as a non current model and couldnt pass it up. But I hated the suspension setup so I fixed that.

In doing so I found almost NO information on what shocks would fit and what type of hardware id need. I found lots of info on the 2013 Genius bikes but none on the newer versions.

The first thing I upgraded was the drivetrain. 1X11, full XT including the cassette and chain. Left the Deore crankset in place and went with a Raceface 32 narrow wide. Upgraded all the brakes to XT as well. Brand X 150mm dropper post. then just some minor stuff like a riser bar, lock on grips etc. Small stuff.

For the suspension I ditched the stock fork and went with a Fox float 34 FIT. Difference is immediately noticeable. Smoother, more plush, soaks up the small stuff better but still handles the big stuff without breaking a sweat. I was amazed at how much I noticed the extra stiffness of the 34... well worth the upgrade.

For the shock I went with a Cane Creek DBAir CS in a 200X57 size. This was a gamble as I knew this was the right length but there was little to no information about how the shock would fit. It WOULD fit the older Genius (which looks to be a nearly identical frame design as the 2016 model I have) but there were so many conflicting reports about fitment. I found a good deal on the shock and decided to just go for it.

I also read about mounting hardware and decided to pick up the 22.1 X 8mm parts from Cane Creek which was what I had read was necessary.

The shock fits perfect. There is NO interference with the frame anywhere. It fits like it was made to be there. And, interestingly enough, the mounting hardware was not necessary. I simply removed the spacers from the stock shock and pressed them into the mounting eyelets on the cane creek shock and they fit perfect. No extra parts necessary. Everything went back together like it was built that way.

I completely forgot to pick up a shock pump so I havent yet been able to test the shock. But from what Ive read it should be a pretty significant upgrade over the stock unit. I just thought anyone out there who may be contemplating an upgrade of a Scott Genius frame would be able to make use of this info.

2016 Scott Genius 750 Cane Creek DBAir CS Fox Float 34 FIT
2016 Scott Genius 750 Fox Float 34 FIT
2016 Scott Genius 750 Cane Creek DBAir CS

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
Did you end up riding the bike much after? If so, what was your experience?i picked up the same bike recently

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005802
Mobile Version of Website