Metal Thread(all kinds)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Metal Thread(all kinds)
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
Yeah I have nothing wrong with the new generation of fans.... Think about this though. Back in the 80's and 90's before instant internet recognition, these bands had to be accepted by the underground scene. Plain and simple. They had to rip and they had to speak to the anger and unsatified youth. They had to be on the same level in some way, and were. But to come out of a hole after decades and not give a nod to the very ones who made you who you are by passing along tapes and speaking highly of you, and just catering to the real housewives of the wealthy?

Dont get me wrong I give zero f*cks about shows these days. But its the principal. They have lost touch with not only the fan base but themselves by allowing such bullshit...

Its pathetic really.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 16:15 Quote
well money is the root of all evil

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
its-chris wrote:

It is and I for one hope Maynard chokes on the clouds of DKNY perfume wafting up from his "pit"

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 17:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
its-chris wrote:

It is and I for one hope Maynard chokes on the clouds of DKNY perfume wafting up from his "pit"

he is a twat from what I can get all around the web.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
Its a lot of money and effort to watch some music,Ive skipped a lot of shows because I'm just not that passionate about seeing live music anymore,the girlfriend has dragged me to a few shows over the last few years,Saw tool in the beginning days, I hear they put on a hell of a live show nowadays, If I wasn't so lazy and it wasn't so expensive I would love to go to some hard shows to see all the freaks and stuff.,Kind of bummed that i missed incubus and deftones 2 years in a row at Red Rocks.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 22:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
A bit of a rant.... so forgive me..

Wife loves TOOL... I like them ok. good stuff for the time, saw them a few times, all is well... They are coming to the Gorge Amphitheater which is a big pain in the ass outdoor venue but its gorgeous. I went once decades ago to see Slayer and Sabbath.... Place sucks. one way in one way out all damn day in traffic etc.... anyway, I check prices on the TOOL show.... 95$ each before the Ticketmaster add ons which are typically anywhere from 1/2 to full of price so figure at best 300$ for us to go see a washed up old act at a royal pain show.... not to mention fuel to travel across the damn state food ect so say 500$

Now lets keep in mind this is the rear grass seats the cheapest furthest away from the stage.

guess how much the PIT section is going for?

$911.00! who the f*ck is going to be moshing in the "PIT" at a grand a pop. Nope this will be a Microsoft soft ass show. so weak. I am utterly disappointed in the spectacle of "entertainment" and what it has become to stand for.

At one point in time they were a band that would have spent a few days doing multiple shows at an affordable price. Too many of these washed up foggies are cashing in on this wannabe lost youth aspect of all the "professionals" who couldn't hang with the real shit when it was real.

To all these bands.... You have no fans....only alternative fans,,,, or fake fans.

You Suck.

Recently I've immersed myself in the underground scene here in Akron, OH, and it's so much the opposite lol . This is the shit I have been looking for for so long now. Cheap shows, good bands, fun pits, great people. I f*cking love it man!

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 22:41 Quote
Good man piman... You'll find much joy there...

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 23:39 Quote
I paid £10 to see Black Tongue and Martyr Defiled play alongside 3 local-ish bands a couple years ago, it's actually funny how some gigs are insanely overpriced and some are just straight up value to the point of almost being underpriced.

Also that MD x BT show was one of the f*cking best I've been to, heard from most people that it was probably the best night of the tour, too bad the crowd sucked(that's just Edinburgh for ya though)

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 23:57 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
+1.... I want to hear him do the whole album,Kill em all

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026035
Mobile Version of Website