Metal Thread(all kinds)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Metal Thread(all kinds)
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
slaker wrote:
I just drive 20+ year old Japanese shit now, after 23 years of abuse there just now getting broken in.
what do you drive?

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 9:46 Quote
its-chris wrote:
slaker wrote:
I just drive 20+ year old Japanese shit now, after 23 years of abuse there just now getting broken in.
what do you drive?

one of these I hope...

photo

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 10:11 Quote
would be rad, but I mean 20+ years old Japanese reliable shit, sound like Toyota haha

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
its-chris wrote:
would be rad, but I mean 20+ years old Japanese reliable shit, sound like Toyota haha
95 Tacoma and a 95 sidekick, both faded paint and a little banged up but I love my pos cars haha.

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
its-chris wrote:
slaker wrote:
what do you drive?

one of these I hope...

photo
Thats rad.

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 18:32 Quote
Ha!!
I got stuck in the Utah mountains years ago when I got a tire up on a stock, 2wd Ford with an open rear end. A 4x Astro pulled me out haha. My friends still make fun of me for it to this day lol. That truck was more for speed anyway- she saw air under all 4 at 90! Bone f*cking stock! Right before I rolled her lol... She was slowed down to about 45 before she rolled anyways. Nbd.

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 22:07 Quote
https://yearoftheknife.bandcamp.com

Check these guys out. Just saw them play two sets tonight and f*ck me they go hard. Straight edge too.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 3:13 Quote
I'll never forget having to tow a 4x4 Land Cruiser in my bone stock n/a Ford Falcon. You guys are just catching on to Barra motors over in America but I'm going to miss that thing, it just ran and took abuse like a champ. Rear wheel drive sedans are the most fun thing to drive offroad.

I care about my e30 way too much to jump it, let alone the distance I got in my first car lol

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Ha!!
I got stuck in the Utah mountains years ago when I got a tire up on a stock, 2wd Ford with an open rear end. A 4x Astro pulled me out haha. My friends still make fun of me for it to this day lol. That truck was more for speed anyway- she saw air under all 4 at 90! Bone f*cking stock! Right before I rolled her lol... She was slowed down to about 45 before she rolled anyways. Nbd.
Word of advice, dont be stupid up in the Utah mountains, Yesterday we went for a bit of wheeling in our 1999 Toyota Landcruiser and the final decent back into town is pretty steep and muddy right but like no problem we get down it and theirs this bone stock Subaru Outback about to go up it. We pull them over and start talking to them. They are from Maryland with clearly no off road experience and have never been up this trail. We tell them not to go up it right? What do they do. They go Straight up it, they turned around at the first place they could and thank god becasue halfway up you get to 3 foot rock ledges. Once your on that trail you CANT turn around. They were going to half to be winched out if they didnt turn around were they did.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
I'll never forget having to tow a 4x4 Land Cruiser in my bone stock n/a Ford Falcon. You guys are just catching on to Barra motors over in America but I'm going to miss that thing, it just ran and took abuse like a champ. Rear wheel drive sedans are the most fun thing to drive offroad.

I care about my e30 way too much to jump it, let alone the distance I got in my first car lol
What how did that happen??? My cruiser will go whatever i point it up. But thats pretty funny.
99 land cruiser crawling through Plan B in sand hollow state park saint george UT
Shes got bumpers and a winch on her now but im to lazy to upload photos.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 7:55 Quote
Get some pics! love those!

Kind of looking into a Range Rover Classic love those, kind of a PITA to modify as they are built around narrow wheels, but nothing that cutting tools cant solve

Slaker love Tacos, great trucks

I am liking this

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Ha!!
Word of advice, dont be stupid up in the Utah mountains, Yesterday we went for a bit of wheeling in our 1999 Toyota Landcruiser and the final decent back into town is pretty steep and muddy right but like no problem we get down it and theirs this bone stock Subaru Outback about to go up it. We pull them over and start talking to them. They are from Maryland with clearly no off road experience and have never been up this trail. We tell them not to go up it right? What do they do. They go Straight up it, they turned around at the first place they could and thank god becasue halfway up you get to 3 foot rock ledges. Once your on that trail you CANT turn around. They were going to half to be winched out if they didnt turn around were they did.

For sure. After I rolled that truck, I've been up on two wheels at least a dozen times (I've lost count lol) and have kept her rubber side down. I'll get it on tape someday lol As far as needing a tug, the truck didn't have the articulation to keep all 4 down, and she was 2wd. If I had a posi I would've been straight. How do you not make stupid choices? Experience. How do you get experience? By making stupid choices! You either get better or ya keep making the same mistakes! Cool

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 17:18 Quote
yo13bo wrote:

Lol my mom has a Falcon. And what are you doing?! E30's start breaking and shit if you don't rally them!

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

What how did that happen??? My cruiser will go whatever i point it up. But thats pretty funny.
99 land cruiser crawling through Plan B in sand hollow state park saint george UT
Shes got bumpers and a winch on her now but im to lazy to upload photos.

The car died on him and couldn’t start it back up, diesel motor so it wasn’t a spark issue and the intake seemed fine, he was on a narrow back road and the car died mid way up a hill, no warning just shut off, probably fuel issue but wasn’t about to start trying to diagnose it on a hill around a blind corner in an 80 zone with dickheads like me driving up there lol

We put a strap around my toe ball and hooked it up to his front toe point and I managed to drag him up a hill about 1km to get him to a safe place where he could call a tow truck.

https://instagram.com/p/BVv009RgIgh/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014044
Mobile Version of Website