Metal Thread(all kinds)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Metal Thread(all kinds)
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
PSA for Bay Area people: Hell and Mizmor(!) will be playing the Elbo Room Jack London in late September. Tiny room and tix just went on sale. Holds like 100 ppl.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 0:23 Quote
clicked on this thinking it was some chanting monk stuff.... and was treated to something I as not expecting in the least.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
clicked on this thinking it was some chanting monk stuff.... and was treated to something I as not expecting in the least.

Haha I almost couldn't wait out the intro for it to 'kick in'

-bless me on the cheeks

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
Ha! Me neither lol but was hyped when I saw the old cat start in with the heavy. Obviously not the best thing in the world, but funny points.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
I'll always have a place in my heart for Finnish Black/Folk contributions.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah - way to dig up an odd gem!!! I used to see these guys play here in SF and one of the members was in Weakling, the most important USBM band ever! EVER. Legendary

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
They were so killer live back in the golden age of math metal or instrumetal or whatever they wanna call it now

I’ll check weakling.... dont think they were on my radar

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
They were so killer live back in the golden age of math metal or instrumetal or whatever they wanna call it now

I’ll check weakling.... dont think they were on my radar

Released in 2000 after they had broken up. Their only album, but cited by many, many metal musicians as the apex of the USBM style.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
the f*cking Champs are sick, only know of one other guy who's mentioned them

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
Thats some seriously pained vocals! Dig it... curious which champs member was contributing since its so different.... drummer?

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Thats some seriously pained vocals! Dig it... curious which champs member was contributing since its so different.... drummer?

Wiki snippet:

Initially, Weakling was mainly noted for featuring guitarist Josh Smith of The f*cking Champs (fellow Champ Tim Green served as producer), but a recent reissue of their material has brought their work some more attention, and the album has been hailed in some circles, and by musicians including Fenriz of Darkthrone, as a masterpiece.[3] Weakling's sound displays inspiration from the works of Scandinavian bands like Bathory, Burzum and Darkthrone, as one might imagine it filtered through the lens of '70s progressive rock: all five songs on the 76-minute album run at least 10 minutes in length and each is composed of at least 2 distinct sections.

Gossard and bassist Sarah Weiner later played together in the similarly short-lived doom metal band The Gault (although Weiner was the drummer of that outfit); after that band's demise, Gossard went on to join established funeral doom outfit Asunder, and formed a second black metal band, Dispirit, in the wake of Asunder's dissolution. Keyboardist Casey Ward currently plays drums in The Husbands. Drummer Sam Foster currently plays drums for death metal band Saros.

Although Weakling has never officially announced a split, they broke up in 1999.[4]

P.S. Dispirit still plays frequently in the Bay Area

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Wiki snippet:

Initially, Weakling was mainly noted for featuring guitarist Josh Smith of The f*cking Champs (fellow Champ Tim Green served as producer), but a recent reissue of their material has brought their work some more attention, and the album has been hailed in some circles, and by musicians including Fenriz of Darkthrone, as a masterpiece.[3] Weakling's sound displays inspiration from the works of Scandinavian bands like Bathory, Burzum and Darkthrone, as one might imagine it filtered through the lens of '70s progressive rock: all five songs on the 76-minute album run at least 10 minutes in length and each is composed of at least 2 distinct sections.

Gossard and bassist Sarah Weiner later played together in the similarly short-lived doom metal band The Gault (although Weiner was the drummer of that outfit); after that band's demise, Gossard went on to join established funeral doom outfit Asunder, and formed a second black metal band, Dispirit, in the wake of Asunder's dissolution. Keyboardist Casey Ward currently plays drums in The Husbands. Drummer Sam Foster currently plays drums for death metal band Saros.

Although Weakling has never officially announced a split, they broke up in 1999.[4]

P.S. Dispirit still plays frequently in the Bay Area

ok nice history there... Saros is one of my favorite bands. Definitely used to listen to Asunder as well...I'll have to geek out on The Gault and Dispirit later...

This old dog was brought to my reminders today.... This was on a pretty heavy rotation in the mid 90's....

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
these guys are local to me.... fun to catch live as well...

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Nice ... early 90's vibes sound .

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016741
Mobile Version of Website