Metal Thread(all kinds)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Metal Thread(all kinds)
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
for those of you into black metal, what are your opinions on Deafheaven?

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
sosburn wrote:

I have to go check them out tonight. You have something of theirs in particular you’re fond of?

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 18:16 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I have to go check them out tonight. You have something of theirs in particular you’re fond of?
Same, will check them out.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
Well just checked out their video for honeycomb. Loved it. Great mix of clean melodies and painful terror. Almost a happy black metal? Definitely going to dive in deeper but if thats any indication I am going be picking up a disc for the shuttle truck. Wink

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Well just checked out their video for honeycomb. Loved it. Great mix of clean melodies and painful terror. Almost a happy black metal? Definitely going to dive in deeper but if thats any indication I am going be picking up a disc for the shuttle truck. Wink

A friend of mine has been bugging me about checking them out for a while and i finally did.
Favorites of mine so far are “Black Brick”, “Luna”, “Baby Blue”. id link em but im on mobile

The shoegaze-y stuff is a little much for me at times and im just sitting there like “where are the blast beats Confused

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
sosburn wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

A friend of mine has been bugging me about checking them out for a while and i finally did.
Favorites of mine so far are “Black Brick”, “Luna”, “Baby Blue”. id link em but im on mobile

The shoegaze-y stuff is a little much for me at times and im just sitting there like “where are the blast beats Confused

Ahhh yes shoe gaze. Thats what they are calling that. I kinda like the contrast. But that was one tune. I am going to pick through their stuff tonight a little deeper but so far I dig. Also looks like they or at least one of them skates.... so plus one lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
sosburn wrote:

They're alright. Got a few killa tracks. Shoegaze does not bother me. See a few people raging on various FB metal related about them not being tRvE KvLt blah blah blah, but those same people think Behemoth is the pinnacle of black metal lol. Mind you people got all bent of shape when Beherit did a purely doom synth album which totally rules.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
Being giving Dragged Into Sunlight some serious mileage lately. Top notch stuff.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
sosburn wrote:

They're alright. Got a few killa tracks. Shoegaze does not bother me. See a few people raging on various FB metal related about them not being tRvE KvLt blah blah blah, but those same people think Behemoth is the pinnacle of black metal lol. Mind you people got all bent of shape when Beherit did a purely doom synth album which totally rules.

Totally... also tastes change...I bought OM variations on a theme when came out and I thought it was pure crap...hated that album. decades later it is one of my favorite all time records...

Sounds like I need to test listen this synth doom you speak of

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 23:40 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Totally... also tastes change...I bought OM variations on a theme when came out and I thought it was pure crap...hated that album. decades later it is one of my favorite all time records...

Sounds like I need to test listen this synth doom you speak of

Haha true that. I remember when I was a broke ass student working a crap job with full time study and spending my hard earned $$ on some disappointing (at the time), death/black metal albums and years later loving them. Transylvanian Hunger for example.

It's called Electric Doom Synthesis funnily enough.

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
but those same people think Behemoth is the pinnacle of black metal lol.

Lmao i dont even consider them to be black metal whatsoever

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
sosburn wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
but those same people think Behemoth is the pinnacle of black metal lol.

Lmao i dont even consider them to be black metal whatsoever

Neither do I. They were kvlt at one point 25 plus years ago in their 'The Return of the Northern Moon to Grom era but that's sbout it lol. Now they're the KISS of 'eXtreme metal' or whatever is the phrase term.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006007
Mobile Version of Website