Metal Thread(all kinds)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Metal Thread(all kinds)
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 21:22 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I have a confession... I like that song blinding lights by the weekend.... Eek first radio song ive dug in decades... but i feel dirty...
I can’t lie, but Blinding lights is a banger lol!

lol eyenoryte?! The first time i heard it I was like... ooooo thats a dandy

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 22:51 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I have a confession... I like that song blinding lights by the weekend.... Eek first radio song ive dug in decades... but i feel dirty...

Glad I'm not the only one haha

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Might we need to start a disco thread lol

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 8:05 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Rings of saturn is kinda like TOO extreme haha. Like to be able to play that shit clean, i dont even know man...
Archspire is in the same vein and not totally unbelievable
That's some hard shit.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 8:54 Quote

This song f*cks and also the guitar solo rips

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 0:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
its-chris wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:

Might we need to start a disco thread lol

The Boney M thread starts right here. Daddy Cool first off the rank.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 21:36 Quote
Wow, I am editing this post now.

I just found out that song I posted was about an actual murder that happened, and knowing that, I don't appreciate the context of the lyrics, at all. I liked the musical aspect of the song, but the lyrics go over the line for me.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:

I just found out that song I posted was about an actual murder that happened, and knowing that, I don't appreciate the context of the lyrics, at all. I liked the musical aspect of the song, but the lyrics go over the line for me.
Wow, thats a trip... I tend to listen to a lot of music that I have know idea what their singing about... Its all about the sounds to me...

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

This song f*cks and also the guitar solo rips

Thats a ripper !

my favorite Megadeath song

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 18:48 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
greywolf999 wrote:

Wow, thats a trip... I tend to listen to a lot of music that I have know idea what their singing about... Its all about the sounds to me...

Yeah, I mean honestly, I don't often know what they're singing about, especially with "cookie monster" vocals, but I like to at least have an idea about the subject matter. That song I had posted was pretty crazy though. The lyrics almost seemed to be taunting the victim. If it was a fictional thing, that would be one thing, but it was an actual murder, they even mention the victims name in the lyrics. The victim was raped and murdered in a church. I guess that made it easy pickings for a typical metal band which likes to have lyrics with a "satanic" theme. Anyway...

Immortal, that's an interesting band. I'm not familiar with their newer stuff, but they had some cool songs back in the 90s. All their lyrics were about winter and a fictional land of eternal winter or something. Those hardcore black metal people thought they were weak for not singing love songs to satan and burning churches like all the rest of the black metal bands, but you gotta admit, at least they had some original ideas.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
There is a wide variety of Black Metal that isn't the Orthodox Fundamentalist (satan and burnt churches) type these days.

Some of those old stave churches they burned were old-growth architectural masterpieces and I regret their destruction. I do understand the animosity the prechristian adherents must feel because nearly every church in Europe was built directly on top of its pagan predecessor/holy place (much like christian 'holidays' were plunked down on top of those from previous traditions). Some say the killing, raping, pillaging monotheistic horde that swept up from the desert set the development of Europe back 1000 years or more......sorry - what was the question again?

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
There is a wide variety of Black Metal that isn't the Orthodox Fundamentalist (satan and burnt churches) type these days.

Some of those old stave churches they burned were old-growth architectural masterpieces and I regret their destruction. I do understand the animosity the prechristian adherents must feel because nearly every church in Europe was built directly on top of its pagan predecessor/holy place (much like christian 'holidays' were plunked down on top of those from previous traditions). Some say the killing, raping, pillaging monotheistic horde that swept up from the desert set the development of Europe back 1000 years or more......sorry - what was the question again?

Yeah, let's be honest, the black metal thing was started by a bunch of bored Norwegian teenagers who lived very privileged lives. They grew up in one of the richest countries in the world, where everything is handed to them, but they still needed something to rebel against.

Now, which monotheistic horde would you be referring to? hahaha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016141
Mobile Version of Website