Metal Thread(all kinds)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Metal Thread(all kinds)
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
There is a wide variety of Black Metal that isn't the Orthodox Fundamentalist (satan and burnt churches) type these days.

Some of those old stave churches they burned were old-growth architectural masterpieces and I regret their destruction. I do understand the animosity the prechristian adherents must feel because nearly every church in Europe was built directly on top of its pagan predecessor/holy place (much like christian 'holidays' were plunked down on top of those from previous traditions). Some say the killing, raping, pillaging monotheistic horde that swept up from the desert set the development of Europe back 1000 years or more......sorry - what was the question again?

Yeah, let's be honest, the black metal thing was started by a bunch of bored Norwegian teenagers who lived very privileged lives. They grew up in one of the richest countries in the world, where everything is handed to them, but they still needed something to rebel against.

Now, which monotheistic horde would you be referring to? hahaha

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
suspended-flesh wrote:
There is a wide variety of Black Metal that isn't the Orthodox Fundamentalist (satan and burnt churches) type these days.

Some of those old stave churches they burned were old-growth architectural masterpieces and I regret their destruction. I do understand the animosity the prechristian adherents must feel because nearly every church in Europe was built directly on top of its pagan predecessor/holy place (much like christian 'holidays' were plunked down on top of those from previous traditions). Some say the killing, raping, pillaging monotheistic horde that swept up from the desert set the development of Europe back 1000 years or more......sorry - what was the question again?

Yeah, let's be honest, the black metal thing was started by a bunch of bored Norwegian teenagers who lived very privileged lives. They grew up in one of the richest countries in the world, where everything is handed to them, but they still needed something to rebel against.

The original raiders from Judea who were sent out to destroy all art and temples not honoring their one 'god'. Personally, I blame Constantine later on, but the genocide timeline is laid out here. (yes, it's a Wiki link, so there's that0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization

Now, back to the METAL

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
Finally found a GIRTH nugget on the toobz... forgive my link cant post the vid from phone.... these guys were insane to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFINrk6NTFo

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
greywolf999 wrote:
suspended-flesh wrote:

The original raiders from Judea who were sent out to destroy all art and temples not honoring their one 'god'. Personally, I blame Constantine later on, but the genocide timeline is laid out here. (yes, it's a Wiki link, so there's that0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization

Now, back to the METAL

It was more of a rhetorical question, but yeah, I knew who you meant. It's still happening to this day too. Organized religion provides a great reason and moral basis for a nation to invade and conquer foreign lands, and impose their cultures upon them.

Since we were on that topic, here's some pagan metal for you!

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Finally found a GIRTH nugget on the toobz... forgive my link cant post the vid from phone.... these guys were insane to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFINrk6NTFo

Man, that's awesome! I've never heard of those guys before. Allow me to link directly for you to help spread the insanity!

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 5:53 Quote
Ahhh yes... thanks. A couple friends of mine played guitar at certain points with them. Main guy was the guitarist featured in this vid and a different drummer. The guy who played at the same time as my buddies was named pagemon and he was one of a kind. A drumming freak.

Its funny this song is kinda tame for them, they have tunes that never repeat its just a series of notes of pure speed nuts... my one buddy claims it was the most insane music he ever had to try and remember in order to play live, and he himself was notorious for writing songs like that...

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Ahhh yes... thanks. A couple friends of mine played guitar at certain points with them. Main guy was the guitarist featured in this vid and a different drummer. The guy who played at the same time as my buddies was named pagemon and he was one of a kind. A drumming freak.

Its funny this song is kinda tame for them, they have tunes that never repeat its just a series of notes of pure speed nuts... my one buddy claims it was the most insane music he ever had to try and remember in order to play live, and he himself was notorious for writing songs like that...

I love listening to that kind of stuff, it's so hard to nail down. As someone with a small amount of musical ability, I can appreciate what must go into just remembering songs like that, let alone writing them. I could never do it. That level of music theory and talent is given to only a small number of people in a given generation I think.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
Solid putrid doom from Florida's Worm. Give it a chance to fester on you.... I just bought a pair of their gym shorts off infernomerchstore.com just because they say Floridian Funeral Doom on them. Wife and kids will not dig -LOL

[

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
Solid putrid doom from Florida's Worm. Give it a chance to fester on you.... I just bought a pair of their gym shorts off infernomerchstore.com just because they say Floridian Funeral Doom on them. Wife and kids will not dig -LOL

[

Ok, gonna check this out now pre ride listening........ So far fits my mood perfectly this afternoon... the reggie I was listening to previously was starting to piss me off...Those shorts look rad,

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
Dig it... and the shorts

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
Not bad! Normally I'm into thrash or fast technical stuff, but this also has its place depending on the mood. So much good metal has come out of Florida!

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
Just seen on their Instagram Northlane have finished recording their newest album. I can’t wait, their last album was just something else. If you’re interested, check out 4D, Talking Heads, Jinn and Bloodline. For all the electronics on that album Alien, it had this super raw sound to it, while most of the lyrics being about the singer’s upbringing, the shit goes deep AF on Bloodline and Talking Heads.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 22:10 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Just seen on their Instagram Northlane have finished recording their newest album. I can’t wait, their last album was just something else. If you’re interested, check out 4D, Talking Heads, Jinn and Bloodline. For all the electronics on that album Alien, it had this super raw sound to it, while most of the lyrics being about the singer’s upbringing, the shit goes deep AF on Bloodline and Talking Heads.

This stuff is actually pretty cool

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
This Bongripper stuff is really growing on me though...Just spent over an hour unsticking stuck caliper piston and straightening rotors while listening to this,,Smpeled some Northlane Now I'm listening to this one more tome while chilling with a bong hit Smile

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006230
Mobile Version of Website