Troy 29 between sizes

PB Forum :: 29ers
Troy 29 between sizes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 14:35 Quote
I’m 6’2” with a 32” inseam (long torso) coming from an XL Santa Cruz nickel 26” bike so the step up to 29 is different enough. I’ve had a chance to demo the Troy 29 in both sizes. L seemed more playful and willing but definitely felt a little tight. The XL seemed more stable and unstoppable but really long!
What do you think? Will I evolve with the XL and appreciate the extra reach and stability as I get it dialed, or should I let first impressions dominate and go for what feels good right away?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 8:22 Quote
Go with what feels good to you.

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
I don't like to ride cramped. Especially if I am going over rock gardens, Etc. I have always been told if in between sizes always go up it has always worked for me and my wife.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
I was in the same dilemma when i bought my new bike in back in September. I’m 6’1” with 32” inseam.
I was looking at the SC Hightower, Yeti SB5.5 and the Scott Genius each bike felt like i was in between sizes. Larges reach and top tube felt cramped but were easy to play around on much like you experienced
The XL’s felt great but had long wheelbases.
I went the Scott Genius 920 in the XL and absolutely love it. The only thing i had to change was the Dropper post from a 150mm down to a 125mm because the seat tube was a bit to tall on the XL.
Not a big deal to me because it still put me in a very low position on any downhill i ride.
I ride all sorts of different trails ranging from tight uphill switchbacks to rocky, loose downhills with loads of jumps and drop offs. I feel comfortable on the XL and have never felt like i need to go smaller .
My advice to is to see if you can take each size out on some demo rides and put them thru the paces in as much different terrain and UP and Down Hill to see how each performs and discover which feels best for you.
Good luck

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007269
Mobile Version of Website