Anyone riding the Scott Voltage FR for Enduro?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone riding the Scott Voltage FR for Enduro?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 23:16 Quote
Just came across the Scott Voltage FR bike and was wondering how it might be as an enduro bike? Seemed similar to Canyons Torque.

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
I've got mine setup as an Enduro/ all rounder. I think the modern Enduro frames have a very similar geometry so it should work fine.

I've got it set to 160mm and it works well.

It makes for a good bike for me.

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
I wouldn’t want to pedal one uphill

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 16:55 Quote
It’s better at going up than a true DH bike, but not as good as current Enduro bikes. You can set it up to make it work just fine, but it’s not a bike for timed climbs.

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
I genuinely don't think it's bad at climbing. I've gone up some seriously steep stuff surprisingly well. Granted it's not likely the best but it does it.

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
I havent actually ridden a voltage set up with uphill gearing. I just notice how mine with downhill gearing still pedals uphill much better than a true DH race bike. With an 11 or 12 speed cassette its probably fine.

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
It's not as extreme as a proper DH bike, at least in the 165mm setup I have. Still a lot of fun with this setup on the downhill bits. Goes to show that these bikes are still great.

Here is my current Scott build.
Just added dropper for convenience

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
I have a 2016 set up 180f\170r with a dropper and 42t low cog, no lock on the dhx2 I can pedal it uphill. That being said, it weighs 36.2 lbs like this and the only real difference between this and a full DH rig is the lack of a dual crown fork. I love my voltage but it's not anything like my Knolly warden

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 1:50 Quote
lastnamefirstname wrote:
I have a 2016 set up 180f\170r with a dropper and 42t low cog, no lock on the dhx2 I can pedal it uphill. That being said, it weighs 36.2 lbs like this and the only real difference between this and a full DH rig is the lack of a dual crown fork. I love my voltage but it's not anything like my Knolly warden

Aye mine is 37lb. Wheels I think are a big contribution for it.

Knolly a lot better at climbing then?

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
Knolly climbs better, at 30.5lbs but Knolly also feels more nimble and maneuverable. The voltage drives like a school bus if you're not going fast enough, even with the HT @ 66°

I see the voltage as a true freeride bike - meant for goin fast and huckin large.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 10:01 Quote
I wonder how much of that maneuverability is wheel weight. I keep considering getting some lighter wheels and tyres on mine. Got a DH bike for the harder downhill riding...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010139
Mobile Version of Website