How are u gonna call for help if emergencies happen and there is no one around for miles?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How are u gonna call for help if emergencies happen and there is no one around for miles?
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 15:02 Quote
Doesn't 999 work even in areas with no signal? Isn't that what "emergency calls only" means? That's the assumption I have been working to.

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 15:45 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
Doesn't 999 work even in areas with no signal? Isn't that what "emergency calls only" means? That's the assumption I have been working to.
That is not correct

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 23:02 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
If there is no signal on your network, but signal on another network, it can use that. If there is no signal at all you can’t make a call.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 4:46 Quote
stumpymidget wrote:
Just shout! Superman will hear you! Right? That or the phone. Just settle for 999 , don't know Supermans number.

What if there is no mobile coverage?

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Arotovsky wrote:

Jesus of course. Not like he's got anything else to do. Plus, him or his dad are always watching me anyways so I'm not worried. If that for any reason fails, the sight/stench of the scavengers circling my rotting corpse should draw attention to my location.

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007682
Mobile Version of Website