Post your road bike!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post your road bike!
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 18:45 Quote
I get and appreciate the reference, but in all seriousness tubeless is probably 80% of why gravel bikes actually work as do it all shredders.

OneBanana wrote:
Changed tires, lost almost 1lb 1oz of rotational weight Eek
Vittoria Adventure Trails replaced with Panaracer GravelKings - most cost effective weight saving I think I've ever made on a bike!

Did you actually weigh them yourself? My friend stocks a bunch of the GK options at his shop and every single one has been significantly over the claimed weight.

Still a great tire, especially at the price - just not as feathery as the specs might have you believe.

@seraph - thanks man! Means a lot coming from you

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 21:10 Quote
As long as you get the reference. I’ve been too lazy to go tubeless on my own bike.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Doubt he rides hard enough for long enough to see the benefits.
lol lol lol

@Seraph thanks for the tip on the rotors. Spent too much on bikes recently (two new rides in the last 9 months...) so way over my self-imposed budget, but changing rotors has been very noticeable on the MTBs so curious to try it now Wink

@CRS yep, checked on own scales. Definitely over claimed weight but still an actual saving of 470g compared to the obese Vittorias that they replaced. Casing feels better too...

Will almost certainly go tubeless. Embarrassing confession: failed to get them set up at the weekend - could not get beads to seat. Have floor pump with pressure cylinder, tried soapy water, tried wrapping with inner tube to push into rim and splay the beads, tried inflating tube then removing and unseating one bead, borrowed compressor from local boat yard, fvckers just wouldn't pop so stuck tubes in and went for a ride. Will run with the tubes for this week then have another go.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Changed tires, lost almost 1lb 1oz of rotational weight Eek
Vittoria Adventure Trails replaced with Panaracer GravelKings - most cost effective weight saving I think I've ever made on a bike!

Planet X Tempest Ti

Damn! Is it weird that I want to stroke it? Big Grin

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
citizenlee wrote:
Damn! Is it weird that I want to stroke it? Big Grin
Thanks man.
I dunno if it's weird - I love titanium; can confirm it feels quite nice to stroke lol

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I get and appreciate the reference, but in all seriousness tubeless is probably 80% of why gravel bikes actually work as do it all shredders.

Yeah, you know I'm bein' facetious. I really need to get on road tubeless, it seems super rad. My coworker has been on it for a few months and is absolutely in love. Guess he just rides hard.

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 3:24 Quote
My new commuter/gravel bike arrived yesterday - a Cube NuRoad 2018.

Bone stock apart from the DMR pedals, which I doubt I'll keep for long (the shop didn't have much of a selection).

Tested it on the road, a gravel track and some light trails and it just flies! Can't wait to rack up some miles on it Smile

Cube NuRoad 2018.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016248
Mobile Version of Website