Next Bike: Should i get the 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe or 2008 Giant Glory 1?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Next Bike: Should i get the 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe or 2008 Giant Glory 1?
Author Message
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
i got a chance to demo a stinky
they are way heavy, (especially the front end, i nearly wrecked because the front was like a lead weight=near endo)
giant all the way

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 4:18 Quote
u cant ride a bike then... i have a shiver on mine and its balanced great

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 4:36 Quote
id get the glory

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
u cant ride a bike then... i have a shiver on mine and its balanced great
im not a pro or anything, i just didnt like the feel of it compared to the bikes that ive rode

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 1:49 Quote
If it were me, i'd chose the glory without even thinking about it, there arent many konas that i trust for big stuff

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 0:55 Quote
the spec on the kona is way better
rc3>rcv
tst> r
xt brakes> strokers
xt shadow>sram x5
etc....
the suspension design on the giant is better but for spec for the money the kona is great.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
the giant is way better. The frame and all the design.
g-off7 wrote:
the spec on the kona is way better
rc3>rcv
tst> r
xt brakes> strokers
xt shadow>sram x5
etc....
the suspension design on the giant is better but for spec for the money the kona is great.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 2:59 Quote
the konas suspension design is simply just a low single pivot linkage driven design which will carry speed far worse than the giant through rock gardens. I wouldn't worry that the spec on the giant is slightly down as it is much easier to upgrade the components when they break than the frame when you realise you don't like it.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
im having a similar problem ...


should i get a giant glory 0 2007

or a kona stinky 2008 ?

Smile thanks

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
mtb-dre wrote:
im having a similar problem ...


should i get a giant glory 0 2007

or a kona stinky 2008 ?

Smile thanks
Glory, no contest.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
truffles wrote:
mtb-dre wrote:
im having a similar problem ...


should i get a giant glory 0 2007

or a kona stinky 2008 ?

Smile thanks
Glory, no contest.
+1.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
i wouldnt get either. i would get a specialized.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
hardtailkrazy wrote:
i wouldnt get either. i would get a specialized.

wow.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
AmirB wrote:
hardtailkrazy wrote:
i wouldnt get either. i would get a specialized.

wow.
wuts the "wow" for


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022824
Mobile Version of Website