2018 Marin Hawk Hill fork upgrade?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2018 Marin Hawk Hill fork upgrade?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2018 at 7:46 Quote
Ive been recently getting into some DH but usually ride XC trails around my house. the stock 120mm fork on the marin is nice but I want to upgrade to a 140mm or 150mm fox fork. Ive seen some other people do this to the bike but I was wondering if anyone had previous experience with this bike and what the risks would be for slightly changing the bikes geometry. Marin directly recommends only 130mm on the front but personally id like to go higher than that. Just looking for some feedback and other experience's before I pull the trigger on a upgrade. Thanks

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
If Marin suggests 130mm, I wouldn't exceed that, Although an extra 10mm isn't a significant amount, for some reason or another they found the safe max for the bike to be 130. If you were to ever have an issue with the frame crack or breaking or something, they may not cover you if you have a bigger fork than what their max says.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
Hey, I, too wanted to go bigger. I have the black/yellow HH3 with Revelation fork. Came w/120. I got the debonair 140 and dig it, but I really wanna try 130. Why? Well, prolly lack of technique, but when I land jumps I slightly turn my wheel when I compress to suck it all up, and thinking 130 would help the "feel" of the bike. I may hack it off and rethread the air shaft. Don't go over 20mm-just too much feel difference and may put too much force into headtube(crack). All just an ams opinion. Have fun!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008435
Mobile Version of Website