accommodation requirements of mountain bikers

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
accommodation requirements of mountain bikers
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 3:42 Quote
Hi all,
I just wanted some feedback regarding requirements in accommodation lets when you visit mountain bike trails. i'm thinking of setting up some mountain biker friendly accommodation.... so would include bike washing facilities, secure storage for bikes, clothes washing/drying facilities...but, the thing i'm worried about is that my property is located in quite a rural location and is about a 30 min drive from the mountain bike park or a 1 hour cycle through forestry tracks ..... do people think this is too far?...the tracks are super popular..... Many thanks in advance Smile

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 4:03 Quote
jennyst wrote:
Hi all,
I just wanted some feedback regarding requirements in accommodation lets when you visit mountain bike trails. i'm thinking of setting up some mountain biker friendly accommodation.... so would include bike washing facilities, secure storage for bikes, clothes washing/drying facilities...but, the thing i'm worried about is that my property is located in quite a rural location and is about a 30 min drive from the mountain bike park or a 1 hour cycle through forestry tracks ..... do people think this is too far?...the tracks are super popular..... Many thanks in advance Smile

I don't think its too far, if you make sure you have some facilities or benefits that other budget accommodation don't have then you should be fine! If the roads are good you might want to also look at road cyclists as well as mtb. Maybe offer something that can cut the time down elsewhere, like breakfast to go or packed lunches included. The fact that people can just get up and go can take the edge off the extra travel time.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 4:06 Quote
Depends which bike park?

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 5:43 Quote
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback Jopple...that's a good idea about the packed breakfasts.Smile

Titaniumtit It's near Glyncorrwg/Afan (1 hr cycle or 30 mins by car) and Bike Park Wales - 25 mins by car.

Thanks again for the posts Smile

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 at 11:32 Quote
There’s a fair bit of competition, of variable quality. Most MTB tourists seem to drive, so distance isn’t so vital IMO.

Lots of people tend to do both Afan and BPW, so being in the middle is quite convenient.

I’ve had cheap and cheerful accommodation in the area, as well as cheap and awful and expensive and so so.

I’d like to see a decent quality B&B with comfortable rooms and a high quality breakfast made with decent ingredients.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009281
Mobile Version of Website