Auron vs mattoc vs sweep vs pike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Auron vs mattoc vs sweep vs pike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:48 Quote
I am looking for a new fork for my Spider 275, I am looking for something to fit 2.6 tires. The easier to set up the better and easy to work on.

Has anyone ridden the new Suntour Auron? I currently have a sweep hlr but looking for something different and more plush on small bumps. The sweep doesn’t have volume spacers options either. I could send it to get costum tune for around $200.

A used pike with a charger 2 and new air spring is about $400.

The mattoc is another option I found for about $400, the damper seems great and probably ticks all the boxes I want but the set up might be difficult to get?

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
I am still looking at these, they all seem like good options.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
nashwillis wrote:

auron 100%

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
Haven't ridden the Auron, but I've ridden the Durolux and the Aion. Loved them both. Fantastic forks.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 4:00 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
nashwillis wrote:

auron 100%

Is there any difference in the 2017 to 2019?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
nashwillis wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
nashwillis wrote:

auron 100%

Is there any difference in the 2017 to 2019?

not too much that i can think of its a seriously great fork

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
what size are you looking for?

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:

140mm ish, 15x100

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
nashwillis wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

140mm ish, 15x100

i have a 140mm formula selva thats boost i could let go for cheap, just slap on some boost adapters tup

the auron though is a serioulsy good fork for its price point compared to its competition auron>pikes

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
I have a 2016 Pike RC and Mattoc pro. Not sure about used but if price was equal I'd go with the Pike. More plush. Both offer similar control and stiffness. I haven't tuned the Mattoc to death or upgraded to the IRT though. But if you find a new Mattoc for 400 which ive seen a few times on CRC, I'd give it a serious look and trust the good reviews you've read about it.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
Jetmo wrote:
I have a 2016 Pike RC and Mattoc pro. Not sure about used but if price was equal I'd go with the Pike. More plush. Both offer similar control and stiffness. I haven't tuned the Mattoc to death or upgraded to the IRT though. But if you find a new Mattoc for 400 which ive seen a few times on CRC, I'd give it a serious look and trust the good reviews you've read about it.

I am looking at a 2017 pike RC with luftkappe, seems like the damper is pretty easily tuned with shim stacks. I am looking for plush off th top performance.
The formula selva also is very tempting. So many choices it’s hard to decide.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 0:41 Quote
I'm in the same boat at the moment with my Spider 275c.

I think I've settled on a second hand Yari and a Yari'Up damper from Fast Suspension. I'll probably have it converted to coil too soon after.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 4:20 Quote
JonnyW1984 wrote:

I think I've settled on a second hand Yari and a Yari'Up damper from Fast Suspension. I'll probably have it converted to coil too soon after.

Man making me look at more choices. Will you run it at 160mm? What shock do you have?

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
haven't ridden the auron, bt have the aion, and i can't say i like it it. barely works, doesn't hold fl 160mm of travel unless you have it set rock hard

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
nashwillis wrote:
JonnyW1984 wrote:

Man making me look at more choices. Will you run it at 160mm? What shock do you have?

Nah, I think 160mm will be pushing it. Max will probably be 150mm, maybe 140mm yet. I have a Cane Creek DB IL coil on the back. Only just fitted it yesterday, so still need to have a ride.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011052
Mobile Version of Website