2019 and above Giant Trance 29er!!

PB Forum :: Giant
2019 and above Giant Trance 29er!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
Elpresidirrrte wrote:
Dougdirt wrote:
Elpresidirrrte wrote:

How tall are you? I'm 5'11" and trying to decide between medium and large.

I am 6’. The bike fits me well but it’s not as big as I thought it would be. I could’ve got an XL and been fine. The Geometry numbers show it as a big bike but it doesn’t feel like it at all. If I were you I would go with a large.

The bike shop owner in my town says I should get a medium. His reasoning was that it's already a long bike, and if I want it to be playful I should go with a medium. I was always under the impression that one should go up if they are in between sizes, but maybe this could be different for 29ers? My current ride is a 2004 Santa Cruz Heckler, large, and the dimensions are about the same as a medium Trance 29. I test rode a Trance Advanced 0 large and it felt fine.

I'm 5'8" and am getting the large. The medium is so short and cramped... its such a disappointment and totally ruins that model. We've got all sized on demo at working the rest are great.

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 0:45 Quote
Just got my demo bike from work...
photo
photo
Really happy with it. Except for the appalling Guide T brakes

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 15:56 Quote
T1mb0 wrote:
Just got my demo bike from work...
Really happy with it. Except for the appalling Guide T brakes

Looks good, still waiting for mine. New brakes already waiting in the cupboard at work!

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 10:32 Quote
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/trance-advanced-pro-29-frameset-2019 (You might have to set your region to "Canada" to see it)

Trying to figure out if this comes with a shock in Canada. The picture has one but there's no mention in the specs on the website or the linked PDF. I'm assuming not but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows.

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 13:34 Quote
ninjamoose161161 wrote:
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/trance-advanced-pro-29-frameset-2019 (You might have to set your region to "Canada" to see it)

Trying to figure out if this comes with a shock in Canada. The picture has one but there's no mention in the specs on the website or the linked PDF. I'm assuming not but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows.

It comes with a shock.

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 22:46 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
ninjamoose161161 wrote:

It comes with a shock.

Wow in which case that's a deal, if it's the DVO one like in the picture. Decisions, decisions...

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 12:30 Quote
Just found out it'll be December now before the next batch of Trance Advance 29ers arrive in NZ. Cry

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 1:19 Quote
KiwiXC wrote:
Just found out it'll be December now before the next batch of Trance Advance 29ers arrive in NZ. Cry
I just ordered the pro 1 yesterday, was told it will be here by christmas.
Which model did you order, and when?

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 2:06 Quote
A pro 1.

It was ordered mid-October as a warranty replacement. They were originally due mid-November.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 6:09 Quote
Hello everyone,

Trance 29 1 (alloy) is on my radar and I'm interested if someone has tried to convert rear shock to remote (Fox Float Performance Elite) .Is this possible? I see that additional cable can be passed through down tube.

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 13:14 Quote
I just got a 19 Trance. I'm going to change the driver to an XD on the TRX Carbon wheelset. Is it a DT XD driver or a special Giant XD driver?

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 18:54 Quote
robnj wrote:
I just got a 19 Trance. I'm going to change the driver to an XD on the TRX Carbon wheelset. Is it a DT XD driver or a special Giant XD driver?

The German Giant site has a far better description of the components. Says the TRX 1 come with a DT 360 hub with XD driver.

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 23:24 Quote
Yeah its a DT swiss pawled freehub
(HWRABM00S3869S)

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 11:53 Quote
I put that exact part # on the hub body and it didn't work. local bike shop ordered one direct from Giant, hopefully it works........

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 21:04 Quote
Oh really, thats weird.
I got that part# from Giant

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077789
Mobile Version of Website