2019 and above Giant Trance 29er!!

PB Forum :: Giant
2019 and above Giant Trance 29er!!
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 22:46 Quote
Why were you changing it? Did the original hub not have an XD driver and cassette as per the specs.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
The hub had a shimano driver for NX Eagle. I changed out the drive train for XX1. I'll find out next week when the part comes in....

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 21:29 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
I’m gonna take back what I said in my earlier post. I did already upgrade some stuff despite my claim that I decided to leave the build stock. I replaced the drivetrain with a full Shimano XT groupset and replaced the wheels with Stan’s Arch MK3s. It made a huge difference. I dropped quite a bit of rotating wheight. That rear hub and rear cassette are crazy heavy and I really just prefer how Shimano works compared to Sram. I’ll post some pics down the road. I’m really loving this bike. I’ll be racing XC and even a little enduro on it next season.

Really interested on your updates. How much does your Trance weighs now?

I'm thinking just about doing the same as you did... get one, dump the stock wheels, put something with Arch rims and replace the drivetrain with my Shimano parts to dump weight.

For those that don't know, the NX cassette is up of 500grs alone. Wheels are in the order of 2kg from what I've read.
XT cassette and Arch wheels and you're dropping almost one pound of rotating weight!

Also, how agile is it around twisty, tight trails?
Thanks and congrats! Sweet ride

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 17:18 Quote
El-Warpo wrote:
Dougdirt wrote:
I’m gonna take back what I said in my earlier post. I did already upgrade some stuff despite my claim that I decided to leave the build stock. I replaced the drivetrain with a full Shimano XT groupset and replaced the wheels with Stan’s Arch MK3s. It made a huge difference. I dropped quite a bit of rotating wheight. That rear hub and rear cassette are crazy heavy and I really just prefer how Shimano works compared to Sram. I’ll post some pics down the road. I’m really loving this bike. I’ll be racing XC and even a little enduro on it next season.

Really interested on your updates. How much does your Trance weighs now?

I'm thinking just about doing the same as you did... get one, dump the stock wheels, put something with Arch rims and replace the drivetrain with my Shimano parts to dump weight.

For those that don't know, the NX cassette is up of 500grs alone. Wheels are in the order of 2kg from what I've read.
XT cassette and Arch wheels and you're dropping almost one pound of rotating weight!

Also, how agile is it around twisty, tight trails?
Thanks and congrats! Sweet ride

Hi! I also just switched out the SRAM Guide brakes for Shimano SLX. So much better! The bike feels a lot lighter with the updates and rides incredible. It’s still probably about 30lbs. For tight twisty trails it’s hard to beat and it climbs fantastic. I have a pretty light 29er singlespeed that has been hands down the fastest bike for my local trails and the new Trance feels even better. After these upgrades I probably should have bought a model above but they don’t offer it here in the states.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 21:03 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:

Hi! I also just switched out the SRAM Guide brakes for Shimano SLX. So much better! The bike feels a lot lighter with the updates and rides incredible. It’s still probably about 30lbs. For tight twisty trails it’s hard to beat and it climbs fantastic. I have a pretty light 29er singlespeed that has been hands down the fastest bike for my local trails and the new Trance feels even better. After these upgrades I probably should have bought a model above but they don’t offer it here in the states.

I pulled the trigger and got myself a Trance 29 2. I haven't ridden it yet but it came at 14.1kg with XT pedals.
I dumped the NX gears and put my trusty XT set up. That saved 230grs, plus another 100grs or so from a lighter saddle. Another 85grs knocked off with a rear Ikon tyre.

Right now it sits at 13.75kg with pedals, so not bad.

I have a set of carbon hoops on order too. So the bigger improvement is yet to come.

Can't wait to ride this thing!

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 23:38 Quote
El-Warpo wrote:
Dougdirt wrote:

I pulled the trigger and got myself a Trance 29 2. I haven't ridden it yet but it came at 14.1kg with XT pedals.
I dumped the NX gears and put my trusty XT set up. That saved 230grs, plus another 100grs or so from a lighter saddle. Another 85grs knocked off with a rear Ikon tyre.

Right now it sits at 13.75kg with pedals, so not bad.

I have a set of carbon hoops on order too. So the bigger improvement is yet to come.

Can't wait to ride this thing!
Get better brakes for it - Levels are crap.

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
I got my Trance Carbon 2 all sorted out. The XD driver body I swapped onto the TRX1 wheelset was defective from the factory. The cassette wouldn't tighten because the hub shell threads weren't machine properly. DT warrantied the XD driver and sent a new one. I got rid of these parts for ones I had: NX Eagle drivetrain, for a XX1, Giant dropper for a LEV 150 and seat, Handlebar for a Renthal carbon , and Guide T for Guide RSC. I've only got a few rides on the bike and it's awesome. Not sure on the Carbon wheels, they're light and stiff, but I prefer the feel of aluminum rims. Anyone want to buy the wheelset?

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 19:58 Quote
mike-nz wrote:
KiwiXC wrote:
Just found out it'll be December now before the next batch of Trance Advance 29ers arrive in NZ. Cry
I just ordered the pro 1 yesterday, was told it will be here by christmas.
Which model did you order, and when?

@mike-nz have you heard anything about dates recently?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 13:01 Quote
KiwiXC wrote:
mike-nz wrote:
KiwiXC wrote:
Just found out it'll be December now before the next batch of Trance Advance 29ers arrive in NZ. Cry
I just ordered the pro 1 yesterday, was told it will be here by christmas.
Which model did you order, and when?

@mike-nz have you heard anything about dates recently?

Local store is saying mine will be here end of next week (14th Dec).

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020933
Mobile Version of Website