2019 and above Giant Trance 29er!!

PB Forum :: Giant
2019 and above Giant Trance 29er!!
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
Kibosh13 wrote:
Just wondering what size everyone is riding? Could people tell me how tall and frame size please. Thanks in advance. Some real good deals going on trance 29er here in oz. Hanging out to throw a leg over one. Cheers everyone.

I’m 180 cms tall with 85cms inseam and ride a Large. Feels pretty good, the only thing I did was to cut the bars to 760 mm cause thats what I’m used to.

FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 4:55 Quote
5-9 riding a medium.

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
hi all I'm building up a trance advanced 0 large frame I just got and looking at forks. I'm increasing it to 140 front fork. what does the steering tube need to be? I keep finding new take offs that are already cut but Im not sure how long it needs to be

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
Johnathon168 wrote:
hi all I'm building up a trance advanced 0 large frame I just got and looking at forks. I'm increasing it to 140 front fork. what does the steering tube need to be? I keep finding new take offs that are already cut but Im not sure how long it needs to be

I ride a large too, the headtube is 110mms long, I have about 25mms of headset spacers under the the stem. I don't have access to my bike right now but I can meassure the steer tube on my fork and reply back later.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
BARAVNZLA wrote:
Johnathon168 wrote:

I ride a large too, the headtube is 110mms long, I have about 25mms of headset spacers under the the stem. I don't have access to my bike right now but I can meassure the steer tube on my fork and reply back later.

awesome thank you so much that would be a huge help. I've been finding a few deals on forks but don't want to buy one and it not be long enough or not work so I appreciate it

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
I just measured my Large Pro 29 2. Steer tube is roughly 180mm, and I also have 25 mm of spacers under the stem.

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Johnathon168 wrote:

Keep in mind longer a longer fork will also slacken your seat tube and increase your virtual top tube length.

I increased fork travel from 160 to 180 on another bike and ended up changing the travel back down to stock because the longer fork made the seated reach long enough that the bike no longer fit properly.

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
Cheers lads. I'm about 5,11. Not sure whether to go a med or large. Got a large commencal meta ht that was plenty roomy. Guess I'll try n get on both sizes before I lash out.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
Kibosh13 wrote:
Cheers lads. I'm about 5,11. Not sure whether to go a med or large. Got a large commencal meta ht that was plenty roomy. Guess I'll try n get on both sizes before I lash out.
i would definitely go with the large. I felt they ran fairly small compared to some. I'm 5'10 and the large was good but my last bikes were scott genius in large and it felt like a much bigger bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 5:30 Quote
BrotherLu wrote:
I just measured my Large Pro 29 2. Steer tube is roughly 180mm, and I also have 25 mm of spacers under the stem.

so does that mean you add 25mm to the 180 for the total length the tube needs to be or is 180mm the full length? thanks for the info!

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
180 full length. I mentioned the spacers because the head tube is pretty short on this bike. You could get away with a shorter steer tube,but you would probably end up with apehangers to make the bike fit. Ge the longest steer tube you can,you can always cut itSmile

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
BrotherLu wrote:
180 full length. I mentioned the spacers because the head tube is pretty short on this bike. You could get away with a shorter steer tube,but you would probably end up with apehangers to make the bike fit. Ge the longest steer tube you can,you can always cut itSmile
Great thank you so much for the feedback!

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
Kibosh13 wrote:
Just wondering what size everyone is riding?

5'7", 28" inseam. Medium with a slammed OneUp 150mm post and 40mm stem.

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
hmai18 wrote:
Kibosh13 wrote:
Just wondering what size everyone is riding?

5'7", 28" inseam. Medium with a slammed OneUp 150mm post and 40mm stem.

We have similar measurements and I just ordered the small...how is the feel? Would a small be too tight for you?

Posted: May 3, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
Anyone have a 20 Trance 29 2?
Thinking of pulling the trigger, but not keen on the colour, super boring!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035472
Mobile Version of Website