Vslope or Vermana

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Vslope or Vermana
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
Who has experience with a v-slope and a vermana? Could I use a v-slope as a “hardtail”? Trying to choose between the two. I sold my hardtail a few years ago and only have been riding trail bikes and Dh. Was wondering if a v slope could be used as a all around play bike? Even a little park and pump tracks etc. thanks

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 6:32 Quote
I ride a vslope and its pretty damn fun on most stuff. I ride mostly steep, bmx style dirt jumps and pumptracks with it, plus about 6-7 miles of commuting through the bronx everytime I ride. It is definitely a different feel than a hardtail (although geometry-wise it feels incredibly similar to the Vimana) and it took me a few sessions to adjust my riding/pumping style to fit.

It boosts steep lips, is dumb fast on pumptracks, and I can hang with the SE wheelie kids catching blocks on my way to the trails too haha. Currently have mine set up singlespeed/one brake with a decently stiff gear ratio. I rode some XC trails with it recently, and it was overgeared and had a stubby pivotal seatpost, which made it tough on climbs, but its super playful and fun on singletrack. I could see it being very versatile if you throw on a derailleur and a dropper post. Apart from trail riding I've found my singlespeed/one brake/DTH tire setup to be great for anything I can ride in the 5 boroughs.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 2:06 Quote
Defiantly, iv got a canyon 720 but I ride everything on it, dirt jumps, park, street, DH, flow. I love it n just by changing ur suspension air pressures the bike can perform well on all of these. The only thing it misses is the uphills with single speed but I don't wanna ride up hill I'd walk even if my bike could do it. Gravity n air is all I chase.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 12:07 Quote
snyds1987 wrote:
Defiantly, iv got a canyon 720 but I ride everything on it, dirt jumps, park, street, DH, flow. I love it n just by changing ur suspension air pressures the bike can perform well on all of these. The only thing it misses is the uphills with single speed but I don't wanna ride up hill I'd walk even if my bike could do it. Gravity n air is all I chase.

Who trynna ride UPhill?? lol

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 5:52 Quote
snyds1987 wrote:
???

I'm saying I agree with you, riding downhill is the way to go, uphill sucks haha.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 22:46 Quote
Yeah, gravity fed only

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010108
Mobile Version of Website