Tubeless ready wheels

PB Forum :: 29ers
Tubeless ready wheels
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 22:30 Quote
Hey guys,

Just picked up a Diamondback Mason 29er hardtail, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the diamondback house brand wheels are tubeless ready. They are the am290 double wall wheels. Checked on diamondbacks website, nothing. any help is greatly appreciated

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 22:33 Quote
Swamp-nut wrote:
Hey guys,

Just picked up a Diamondback Mason 29er hardtail, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the diamondback house brand wheels are tubeless ready. They are the am290 double wall wheels. Checked on diamondbacks website, nothing. any help is greatly appreciated

No, they are not. You'll have to install tape, valves, and sealant.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 23:13 Quote
kwapik wrote:

No, they are not. You'll have to install tape, valves, and sealant.

Oh awesome. That's what I meant if they were tubeless compatible. Thanks for the info

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 22:51 Quote
It depends on what Mason you got. If you have the Mason1 with the off brand tires, then no you will not have a good experience trying to go tubeless. However, if you go the Mason 2 with the Maxxis tires, then you are good to go. We have had serious issues attempting to convert low end non tubeless rims and tires at the shop. There all kinds of "How to go tubeless on the cheap", tutorials out there. Don't waste your time. If you have a non tubeless ready bike, just get removable core tubes, put Stan's sealant in them and be done.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
Waaz17 wrote:
It depends on what Mason you got. If you have the Mason1 with the off brand tires, then no you will not have a good experience trying to go tubeless. However, if you go the Mason 2 with the Maxxis tires, then you are good to go. We have had serious issues attempting to convert low end non tubeless rims and tires at the shop. There all kinds of "How to go tubeless on the cheap", tutorials out there. Don't waste your time. If you have a non tubeless ready bike, just get removable core tubes, put Stan's sealant in them and be done.

I have been gone for a while, but my bike came with kneads front and rear. I have installed tape but so far running tubes still. Going to order tubeless ready tires in the next month

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005061
Mobile Version of Website