Airdrop owners

PB Forum :: Other
Airdrop owners
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 1:22 Quote
Couldn't find a forum for Airdrop owners, if there is one I'll delete this, if not....here we are.

Just wondering what shock and tune combo people are running.
I'm currently running a Monarch RC3 Plus with an L/L tune and looking for suggestions for a possible upgrade.
Airdrop Edit v2

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 0:46 Quote
Thinking of getting aboard one of these - what are your thoughts initially of the ride?

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 13:02 Quote
anti-faff wrote:
Thinking of getting aboard one of these - what are your thoughts initially of the ride?
I couldn't recommend them enough mate, compared to my zesty it's an absolute beast. So stable in the rough stuff and very playful on the jumpy stuff, I couldn't be happier with it to be honest. I am however toying with the idea of fitting a coil shock to see how it feels.

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 4:09 Quote
pichon wrote:
anti-faff wrote:
I couldn't recommend them enough mate, compared to my zesty it's an absolute beast. So stable in the rough stuff and very playful on the jumpy stuff, I couldn't be happier with it to be honest. I am however toying with the idea of fitting a coil shock to see how it feels.

Did you experiment with a coil in the end? If so, how was it?

I’m looking at buying an edit v2 but undecided between the monarch plus or cc coil

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
GeorgeAlbery wrote:
pichon wrote:
anti-faff wrote:

Did you experiment with a coil in the end? If so, how was it?

I’m looking at buying an edit v2 but undecided between the monarch plus or cc coil
No, I actually went for a Float X2 in the end and what an upgrade it is!
The bike is totally transformed, feels like a 180mm on the rear now as apposed to 150. It handles the rough stuff with ease and the pedal performance is unreal. I'd say that the bike is a lot more stable now as well....I can through it into rougher, DH stuff with more confidence than before too. Slightly heavier than the Monarch but I couldn't care less about the weight, not when it performs the way it does.
All I need now is to pair it with a set of 160mm 36 Kashimas!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010232
Mobile Version of Website