Brunei's First Bike Skills Park (Prototype Design)

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Brunei's First Bike Skills Park (Prototype Design)
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
our major problem is to fill in holes or eroded material. once gone patching up small spots on the trail is very difficult as it wont connect with the existing trail and break out.

as for engineered soil we have mixed soil with cement in a few selct places and it has been very durable. we went with a 1:5 to 1:10 mix of cement to soil. it hardens well but can be removed with moderate effort and a pickaxe. the most important thing is to get a sufficiently thick layer, about 20-30 cm. any thinner and the layer will break appart as the mixture in not as strong as concret. it just prevents the soil from becoming soft with increasing water content.

Than and cement can be had very cheap.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
Luneec wrote:
our major problem is to fill in holes or eroded material. once gone patching up small spots on the trail is very difficult as it wont connect with the existing trail and break out.

as for engineered soil we have mixed soil with cement in a few selct places and it has been very durable. we went with a 1:5 to 1:10 mix of cement to soil. it hardens well but can be removed with moderate effort and a pickaxe. the most important thing is to get a sufficiently thick layer, about 20-30 cm. any thinner and the layer will break appart as the mixture in not as strong as concrete. it just prevents the soil from becoming soft with increasing water content.

Than and cement can be had very cheap.

After further pondering, hard-surfacing seems to be a very significantly beneficial construction method. Looking at the choices and then looking at the accessibility of the different available methods, I think I might forego with cement-soil mixing. Although I would love to have a construction company lay on some nice smooth asphalt paving Drool Awesome points there on recommended specifications for going the cement method from experience, Luneec. I'll keep those in mind.

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 19:52 Quote
Thread update:

The park's corporate identity is on its way to be formalised. Ryser Skills Park is how it's gonna be referred to from now on. For more updates; Follow us on instagram @ryser.bikepark Like our page on facebook.com/ryser.bikepark

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 at 15:22 Quote
descorpus wrote:
First time SketchUp user,

Really nice work for a first time SU user.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
What program do you use to make that rendering?

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
Its called SketchUp.

its awesome freeware and easy to use.
but it encounters its limits when used for actual planning and exporting of actual structural plans. Thats where archicad and similar software kicks in. but almost 4 grand is quite a price to pay for one licence...

Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
This is SO sick! The only problem I can see is if the smaller jump lines aregoing in the same direction as the bigger one next to it then there could be potential for some midberm head ons, or am I missing something?

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Luneec wrote:
Thats where archicad and similar software kicks in. but almost 4 grand is quite a price to pay for one licence...

You could get the ArchiCAD Solo license for closer to $2500, I think. Doesn't include the Teamwork, CiniRender, or X-Refs stuff, but is otherwise full-featured. I'm looking to buy the Solo license in the next month or so.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018407
Mobile Version of Website