First time Downieville advice?

PB Forum :: USA - West
First time Downieville advice?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 9:27 Quote
Planning a Downieville trip this weekend, my buddy and I will both be going there for our first times.
The more I look at the trail options the more confused I am! I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on what trail or combination of trails would be a good ride? We are planning on doing 1 shuttle ride for the day so don't mind a longer trail for the ride itself, and of course the more downhill the better Smile
We are both very capable downhill riders so trail difficulty is not a problem.
Thank you in advance guys!

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 21:17 Quote
You want Sunrise to Butcher Ranch to 3rd Divide to 1st divide. The classic route. Third divide and Bitcher are the highlights. Can't go wrong.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/849154

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 10:19 Quote
SuicideKing wrote:
You want Sunrise to Butcher Ranch to 3rd Divide to 1st divide. The classic route. Third divide and Bitcher are the highlights. Can't go wrong.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/849154

Exactly the advice I was looking for, thank you very much!

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 13:56 Quote
Man you were right, literally the most fun I have EVER had on a mountain bike!! Way better then Northstar in my opinion. Thank you!

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
johnbalz wrote:
Man you were right, literally the most fun I have EVER had on a mountain bike!! Way better then Northstar in my opinion. Thank you!

Going up this weekend. Such a fun trail, trying out some others too.

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 9:19 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
johnbalz wrote:

Going up this weekend. Such a fun trail, trying out some others too.

Awesome man have fun!!! If you get a chance please follow-up to this thread and let us know which way you went, definitely want to try some other routes. The shuttle driver said that 3rd Divide is the one people "come from around the world to ride". Maybe an exaggeration, but it was probably the most fun trail I have ever done. If you are faster than your buddies just tell them you'll meet them at the bottom, you're not going to want to stop!

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 21:39 Quote

Heres Downieville from Last year demoing a Hightower LT

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 11:28 Quote
photo

I forget how much fun Downieville is.... Also i tried Mills Peak for the first time... It was fun. Photo is from Mills...

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
Just rode it Wednesday, awesome!

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 11:56 Quote
If you get a chance to go back, highly recommend tower to gold valley rim to big boulder to 3rd divide to 1st divide. Personal favorite ride off the saddle to DV.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012876
Mobile Version of Website