Error message: Failed to recover recorded ride

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Error message: Failed to recover recorded ride
Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 16:24 Quote
I can't recover the ride I did today. Is it totally lost, or is there a way to recover it from...who knows where?

Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 16:23 Quote
Just encountered the same issue. My phone died while I was recording, plugged it in in the car at the trailhead, hit "resume" then tried to save and upload it and the upload failed. Maybe hitting resume was my error since it made a gap in the GPS track?

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 17:55 Quote
Same issue. Recorded rides last 3 days while in Airplane mode. Tells me I have 3 ridelogs to upload. They are there in the uploads list. I hit the refresh logo to upload each one. But now I cannot see the rides in my Ridelogs list. And if I click on the ride in the uploads page, it tells me "Failed to recover recorded ride". This is really, really bad.

Eventually, they uploaded and showed up in my ridelogs on my phone. But the period in between was nerve racking.

UPDATE:

I have this happen to me again at least twice more. On one occasion, it lost and never recovered an entire day's ride in Moab. I was using the phone in Airplane mode as i didn't have a data plan and was trying to conserve battery. And today, I got the message that I had 1 ride pending upload. When I went to the ridelog list, there it was. ANd when I tried to get it to uplaod, I got the dreaded "Failed to recover ride" message. Later I went to the website and was able to see the ride there. But the one from last week is gone, gone, gone for good. That is VERY BAD.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
Same issue. 2 rides recorded when I was out of network coverage. Tried to upload them but I get the error message.

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 5:03 Quote
Same. “Failed to recover recorded ride”.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
I also had this happen while out of network coverage.
Not sure if it's related, but in addition I had a trail report that failed to upload in the same situation with the message "Error uploading this report", and it continues to be unable to do so.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 16:51 Quote
You can see your recorded rides an their upload status here: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/89/

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 19:03 Quote
I eventually got all my "failed to recover" rides to upload. May just be an issue with my prehistoric phone but it seems to want either really good cell signal or wifi to upload successfully. Nice that it actually does store the GPS track until you get back into service though!

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
I'm getting the same error with a different use case. I recorded and saved my last two rides. There were no errors and it showed they were loaded fine. When I went into My Ridelogs, they never showed up. I read Canadaka's suggestion to check https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/89/. All of my rides show green check marks. It's when I select any of them that I receive this error.

Mobile:
My Ridelogs - my past two rides are not showing.

Settings > GPS Settings > Recording History
- 10 records show w/green check
- All 10 reports show two pop-ups with "Error failed to recover recorded ride" when selected.

Web:
Past two rides do not show up in the Ride log

Ideas?

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 19:27 Quote
Getting the same issue on my ride today.

Settings > GPS Settings > Recording History. The ride show a green check but when I tap the ride it says failed to recover recorded ride.

I tried finding where the GPS file might be stored on my phone to manually upload it through the web but can't find it.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 13:22 Quote
There was a server-side problem processing the uploaded ridelogs yesterday. I fixed it yesterday and re-processed all of yesterdays uploads, so they should be in your profiles now.

I don't see any issues with today's uploaded ridelogs processing.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 14:56 Quote
Hi, I'm getting this same error. The ride I recorded today failed to upload. I get the Error: failed to recover recorded ride when I try to view any ride in my history.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
We are aware of that error in the app and it was been fixed. Hopefully we'll push an app update in the next 2 weeks.

But you can view your recorded rides in the app my going to "My Routes" then the "Ridelogs" tab.

In the upcoming app update we'll move the Ridelogs to it's own main menu item, making it easier to find.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 15:50 Quote
canadaka wrote:
We are aware of that error in the app and it was been fixed. Hopefully we'll push an app update in the next 2 weeks.

But you can view your recorded rides in the app my going to "My Routes" then the "Ridelogs" tab.

In the upcoming app update we'll move the Ridelogs to it's own main menu item, making it easier to find.

Thanks! Is there any way that I can re-upload the rides that failed to upload?

Edit: I see the issue. In the Ride Log section of trailforks.com, it is not showing my "Road Bike" rides. The drop-down does not have an option for that. I thought it did, as well as an option to show all rides. Has this changed?

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 20:11 Quote
currently there is not an "All" option, I will add that.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007722
Mobile Version of Website