commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
Minikeum wrote:
Don’t know about the Clash, but the Meta V4 is quite reliable. I’m fat, not easy on the bike, and it’s been holding well.
Commencal don’t seem to have gone the diet route with the Clash, so I would say it is strong as well.

Thank you @ Minikeum

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 1:31 Quote
i just build up my clash in L. I have a gx eagle with 28 t in the front and no chainrub issues. i´m 1,79 with longer legs. Fits perfectly to go fast Wink

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 23:06 Quote
Anyone interested in buying a fox float X? There’s pictures in my account if you are interested

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
Got my 2020 Clash Race a couple of days ago, so stoked on this thing and can't wait to take it for a ride!

Has anyone had to replace a rear brake cable on their Clash yet? I have a new set of Hope brakes to go on, but I haven't removed the old rear cable yet for fear of not being able to route the new cable through the main frame and chain stay. Is it easy? Are there internal guides which help pop the cable back out at the other end?

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
bgmullan wrote:
Got my 2020 Clash Race a couple of days ago, so stoked on this thing and can't wait to take it for a ride!

Has anyone had to replace a rear brake cable on their Clash yet? I have a new set of Hope brakes to go on, but I haven't removed the old rear cable yet for fear of not being able to route the new cable through the main frame and chain stay. Is it easy? Are there internal guides which help pop the cable back out at the other end?

I run mine externally using stick-on c-clips. Makes it easy to swap brakes between bikes, gravity bleed your brakes, and overall not have to deal with internal routing.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
Hi

I've got a commencal clash essential fox 2019. Most fun and capable bike I've ever owned!

Got and issue however... The crank arms pedal thread in one of the crank arms somehow stripped out. The pedal axle thread is fine. Definitely not cross threaded and I've put many pedals on and this is the first time I've seen a thread strip out like that. I'm hoping commencal will warrant it, as its a $5000 bike with less than 10 rides. Do you think this is a warranty issue? How are commencal in terms of customer service and warranty?

Anyway if they don't warrant the cranks, I'd like to put shimano saint cranks on, does anyone know if I'll need to run spaces for the chainring alignment? And will i need to replace the bottom bracket for a shimano specific bottom bracket? And specific spindle specs. Any links to the appropriate cranks would be great.

Thanks guys

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
Harleytrueman wrote:
Hi

I've got a commencal clash essential fox 2019. Most fun and capable bike I've ever owned!

Got and issue however... The crank arms pedal thread in one of the crank arms somehow stripped out. The pedal axle thread is fine. Definitely not cross threaded and I've put many pedals on and this is the first time I've seen a thread strip out like that. I'm hoping commencal will warrant it, as its a $5000 bike with less than 10 rides. Do you think this is a warranty issue? How are commencal in terms of customer service and warranty?

Anyway if they don't warrant the cranks, I'd like to put shimano saint cranks on, does anyone know if I'll need to run spaces for the chainring alignment? And will i need to replace the bottom bracket for a shimano specific bottom bracket? And specific spindle specs. Any links to the appropriate cranks would be great.

Thanks guys

Typically you warranty the part with the manufacturer of the part. So if they're Shimano cranks you warranty through Shimano etc. That said in some cases the manufacturer requires you to go through a shop, and since Commencal is consumer direct they're technically a shop. I'd give them a call and see what they say. I've never warrantied anything through them, but I've call them and have been able to talk to a service rep directly.

As for Shimano cranks, you'll need a Shimano compatible BB92 bottom bracket and boost specific Shimano cranks.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
djjohnr wrote:
Harleytrueman wrote:
Hi

Thanks guys

Typically you warranty the part with the manufacturer of the part. So if they're Shimano cranks you warranty through Shimano etc. That said in some cases the manufacturer requires you to go through a shop, and since Commencal is consumer direct they're technically a shop. I'd give them a call and see what they say. I've never warrantied anything through them, but I've call them and have been able to talk to a service rep directly.

As for Shimano cranks, you'll need a Shimano compatible BB92 bottom bracket and boost specific Shimano cranks.

Thanks! I'll call both sram, and commencal and see if I can get a warranty sorted.

So any brand, boost specific cranks should be fine? And applicable bb92 bottom bracket? For some reason i cannot find shimano saint (or any other shimano model) boost specific cranks, but I've seen a clash with saint cranks? Can I use regular non-boost cranks with a spacer?

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
How is the warranty department in 2019? Is it still as horrible as people say around the internet, only thing holding me back for buying a Commencal.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
jazzythemost wrote:
How is the warranty department in 2019? Is it still as horrible as people say around the internet, only thing holding me back for buying a Commencal.
I found a little scratch on the frame and they gave me $150, their service is very good.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 6:56 Quote
bgmullan wrote:

I built the bike up myself so i had to route the cable. In the rear it wasn´t a problem but in the front it took a while because there you have 3 cables an the space in the tube is limited because of the "mud-defending"-foam.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
iriesoul wrote:
bgmullan wrote:

I built the bike up myself so i had to route the cable. In the rear it wasn´t a problem but in the front it took a while because there you have 3 cables an the space in the tube is limited because of the "mud-defending"-foam.

Dude tell me about it the routing is terrible.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Adamtborski wrote:
iriesoul wrote:
bgmullan wrote:

I haven't swapped over to my new Hope brake set yet so haven't had to go through the pain of routing new cables. I was actually thinking of just re-using the existing SRAM rear brake cable for my Hope brakes when I switch them out to save the trouble. I have a couple of ideas though of how you could route the new rear brake cable if ever I have to do it, but I don't like the idea of routing it on the outside like someone else suggested here, I guess I'm a stickler for details.

Haven't really had a proper ride on this bike yet, only 1 ride down and it was on some very tame and flat trails where I took a friend for a first time ride so I can't really give a decent review on the way this thing rides yet. I'm hoping to do some DH and bike park in the coming weeks so I could maybe offer my 2 cents after that. However I will say, and I hope Commencal scan these forums which I think they would from time to time for feedback; I bought the Race model and I would consider this a high end model for the price I paid, and for a high end model the dropper post on this thing is absolute junk! It's the worst dropper I've ever ridden with, it doesn't lock in to position but rather feels like a suspension seat post to sit on, and it won't drop all of the way down due to the suspension effect where it sits an inch or so above absolute bottom. Very disappointed in this crap and honestly I think I'll take it off and sell it for cheap until I can put a proper dropper on it. I might even put my 4 year old higher end KS dropper on the bike alternatively, which at 4 years old is still a way better post than this junk.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
Adamtborski wrote:
iriesoul wrote:
bgmullan wrote:

I think the routing in the back is fine, it took only a few minutes to manage it. But in the front it is difficult because of the lack of space in the tube. Commencal sent this gum-cables to protect the cables and to avoid noise in the tube.
So you put in the brake cables from the back (Shiftcable i did the other way around). Once you´re through the rear you put on the gum-cables and go through the front part of the frame. Here you really have to force it through. When you´re at the top of the tube you have to friggle it out somehow. I used some kind of a stick. For the routing of the seatpost i did it the other way around. here you have to use the hole on the bottom. So don´t install the frame protection. I can highly recommend the kind shock lev integra because you dont need to bleed it in this case.
Please excuse my bad english, im german

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
iriesoul wrote:
Adamtborski wrote:
iriesoul wrote:

I think the routing in the back is fine, it took only a few minutes to manage it. But in the front it is difficult because of the lack of space in the tube. Commencal sent this gum-cables to protect the cables and to avoid noise in the tube.
So you put in the brake cables from the back (Shiftcable i did the other way around). Once you´re through the rear you put on the gum-cables and go through the front part of the frame. Here you really have to force it through. When you´re at the top of the tube you have to friggle it out somehow. I used some kind of a stick. For the routing of the seatpost i did it the other way around. here you have to use the hole on the bottom. So don´t install the frame protection. I can highly recommend the kind shock lev integra because you dont need to bleed it in this case.
Please excuse my bad english, im german

The dropper routing is the one i was talking about, if you’re installing a new one its borderline impossible.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011578
Mobile Version of Website