commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
I’m glad I caught this forum on the Clash.

I sold my stump jumper comp 27.5, I didn’t like the customer service that specialized gave also it was trail and I’m looking to dive into the Enduro life.

I have a few questions for the clash 27.5 owners:

I’m 5’11” and about 235lbs on a good day.
I do a lot more down hill but when I hit the tech trails I run through everything like a fright train.

How does the clash really hold up with guys like myself?

How is the customer service?

How Is the clash when climbing?

Bikes Ive demo so far:
Devinci Spartan
Pivot Firebird

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Damnitgoose wrote:
I’m glad I caught this forum on the Clash.

I sold my stump jumper comp 27.5, I didn’t like the customer service that specialized gave also it was trail and I’m looking to dive into the Enduro life.

I have a few questions for the clash 27.5 owners:

I’m 5’11” and about 235lbs on a good day.
I do a lot more down hill but when I hit the tech trails I run through everything like a fright train.

How does the clash really hold up with guys like myself?

How is the customer service?

How Is the clash when climbing?

Bikes Ive demo so far:
Devinci Spartan
Pivot Firebird

I’ve been riding the clash for about 6 months as a “do it all” bike. I really like it because it’s more on the side of a mini DH bike, than a long travel trail bike. The frame is very over built, and really holds up to bike park abuse, with no hesitation taking it down any trail. Because of that though, it won’t be as light or pedal quite as well as the firebird. The seating position is nice, and with a locked out rear shock, it climbs much better than you’d expect for such a burly capable bike on the descents. Customer service has been great, any questions I’ve had got prompt responses. Highly recommend the bike! Hope this helps.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb17505796/p3pb17505796.jpg

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
Hey guys!

Just got my Commencal Clash Essential 2019.
When I was putting it together and looking at the frame I noticed there’s open hole under the shock, no protection from mud, dust or water getting in.
Just wanted to know if this is the same for everyone else and what you did to possibly plug the whole up....

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
timmyschenken wrote:
Hey guys!

When I was putting it together and looking at the frame I noticed there’s open hole under the shock, no protection from mud, dust or water getting in.
Just wanted to know if this is the same for everyone else and what you did to possibly plug the whole up....
Should be a piece of foam in there!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
Sierrab wrote:
timmyschenken wrote:
Hey guys!

Should be a piece of foam in there!
I would show you a pic of mine but I can’t figure how to place pics on here. I’m on my I phone.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
timmyschenken wrote:
Hey guys!

If you zoom in on the commencal site pics you can see the foam stuffed in there. It's a block of moto foam to stop water/dirt getting in.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 2:48 Quote
antigit wrote:
timmyschenken wrote:
Hey guys!

If you zoom in on the commencal site pics you can see the foam stuffed in there. It's a block of moto foam to stop water/dirt getting in.

Figured out how to upload photo. The top of the shock has the foam but it doesn't reach the bottom as shown
Commencal Clash Rear Shock

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
There is an opening underneath the bottom frame guard where water can escape if it happens to get in there. At least on my 2020 race, not sure if it’s the same for the previous year.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Fill your frame with vibrocore!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
timmyschenken wrote:
antigit wrote:
timmyschenken wrote:
Hey guys!

Figured out how to upload photo. The top of the shock has the foam but it doesn't reach the bottom as shown
Commencal Clash Rear Shock

It probably just slid up, try and grab ahold of it and slide it down.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
On my frame the foam is on there and it should be there for all of them, if not call them and they should be able to sort it out. You do have to take it out to route a dropper post because it catches the cable.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
Chadtbd wrote:
There is an opening underneath the bottom frame guard where water can escape if it happens to get in there. At least on my 2020 race, not sure if it’s the same for the previous year.

Got my 19 raw frame this week and the opening underneath the frame guard is also there ;-) should be the same on every frame.
Tried to pull out the foam for the cable routing but didn't want to destroy it. So pushed it to one side and managed to get the cable through.

How is the cable routing for the seat post on the complete builds? Do they route it around the edge you see in the opening underneath the frame guard? Can't explain it better at the moment. Seems to be a quite sharpe edge there... But can't find an other way how it should be routed for a stealth dropper.

Also does anyone uses a DVO Topaz in the Clash and has some recommendations for spacer in the neg and pos chamber?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
From the way it looks yes. It’s definitely a very sharp angle it seems.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
Little story about dealing with Commencal in Australia. My brand new 2020 Clash Race has a faulty KS dropper from out of the box. Commencal has asked me to send it to the KS distributor in Australia for repairs and also offered to pay the postage. Had the dropper faulted a few months down the track I'd be ok with this, but given that it is faulty right out of the box it would've been nice if they'd just swapped it out. Nevertheless I should credit them for their prompt response to my email.

Only letting you guys know because when I made the decision to buy a new Commencal one of the most important things to me was after sales service. Having had a nightmare ordeal with Trek a few years ago I never want to have to go through that shit again. This topic was the determining factor when choosing between a new Commencal and a new Canyon as I'd heard bad things about Canyon's service.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014295
Mobile Version of Website