commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
ConnorP15 wrote:
Where in Fort Collins do you ride that thing!? It seems like it would be way too much bike for around here. I still really want one though!

Oh it's definitely too much bike for up here haha. I think the best trails around here for it are fast and rocky like Ginny trail, On the Rocks, Dadd's Gulch and Hall Ranch. It does do the xc stuff well enough though.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Sick man! Thanks for the info!

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
Review Update

Commencal Clash Race 2019 Desierto de lo Leones

8 Months with this absolute B.E.A.S.T. now. Some part updates:

1. Renthal Cockpit (40mm stem with 785mm FatBars Alu. 35mm clamp)
2. ODI Rogue Grips
3. E.Thirteen Chain guide + bash guard
4. WTB Tires; Front Vigilante 2.5 Tough, High Grip | Back Judge 2.5 Tough Fast Rolling
5. Huck Norris tire insert (back)

Bike rolls a little bit slower than it did with the Schwalbe's nevertheless, rim feels more protected and DAMN the GRIP with these combination of tires, only keen to compare with an Assegai/Dissector combo, but for now these are perfect. Super supportive even running extremely low pressures and no punctures whatsoever with a really hard abuse.

[PV=https://www.pinkbike.com/video/506362/]

I just simply prefer the feeling of the Renthal bars, geometry-wise (is this even a word?) the feel spot on for my long wingspan and I can position levers and controls in the perfect place for a comfortable ride. Definitely improved from the stock Alpha's it came with; not that those had any problem just personal preference.

The chainguide and bashguard have really helped me to protect the chainring, most of the trails I ride are very rocky and it is normal to smash the ring in some low speed sections, I don't care anynmore. Also, since I'm riding DH championship with this bike, sometimes landing in the middle of a rockgarden with just 165mm of travel might put you in a position where you can break some teeths out of your ring. no ideal and now I'm protected against that.

Now I've had the opportunity to ride my bike in many different scenarios: from fast flowy trails, to more technical ones, DH tracks with huge jumps and even the local dirt jumps. Where does this bike excel? in the fast tech/big jump trails. When it gets tight and slow the 27.5 wheels get caught up easier (obviously) than a 29'er and the extra travel on front migh make you feel the bike sluggish, you really need to work with the bike in this kind of situations in order to keep flow. If it gets rougher and faster just let go the brakes; you will find your limit first than the bike's. Cornering at high speed is a charm, push the bike into the corner an LEAN, this mf**ker will take you out. I sometimes feel that if the bike could talk would stare and me after a rough section and fast corners and tell me "Is this all you've got?".

Dirt Jumping is not the most fun (in small jumps like the ones I have a better access to) but in bigger sends man is beautiful. Super composed and with that poppy feel that allows you to gain air easier than with any other bike I've ridden with very similar suspension and geometry numbers.

[PV=https://www.pinkbike.com/video/506361/]

I've raced this bike against some others with friends that have similar skills and level, 29'ers are freackin' fast but it is not difficult to keep up with them, I mean, they do have an advantage but this bike allows you to plow rougher and nastier. Steep is another strong point of this bike, really gives you the confidence of a DH bike on really steep terrain. It pedals really well for a bike of this magnitude (already said that in the first review) but if you're a die hard Enduro racing guy, go with another option, a Meta will suit you better given its ease to climb and you won't need the 180mm up front. This is a bike that if you use well and in the proper terrain you'll enjoy and will give you a really big smile. If you buy it just because it has "a little more travel and will be more comfortable" you'll end up with a very overkill package that you might not enjoy. I mean, if you really mix freeride, occasional Enduro Races and DH races, and like the gnarly and fast, this is for you. If you lean more towards Freeride, it might be OK depending on the size of the hits, for Enduro I would recommend a 29er and for proper DH also a 29er.

I guess that this is the perfecect bike for the Freeracer.

No issues with any parts, forgot to mention that. No rubbing parts, no lose bolts, no nothing. Long-term reliability has been great so far. Cheers and happy rides!

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
Any 77kg (270lbs) -ish riders out there on the super deluxe air? What settings/pressure/sag are you running?

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
Guys i just got my clash race 2020, amazing quality and equipments. But i’m struggling to find a chart for the shock set up and forks set up.
I so happy to have this bike!

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
Guys i just got my clash race 2020, amazing quality and equipments. But i’m struggling to find a chart for the shock set up and forks set up.

I have mine set up with around 35% sag front and rear, it’s not the most efficient but it’s hella plush.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:

Use the Rockshox Trailhead web page to find your recommend fork air pressure and rebound settings. It's a good starting point to work from.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
Is it me or is that RS super deluxe coil shock lacking high speed compression ? I ride pretty hard and the 450 lbs spring gives me a sag of 28% (I'm 162 lbs) but I seem to bottom out quite often. I tried using a 500 lbs spring but it gives me a harsh ride

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 3:02 Quote
Does anyone have the clash Origin 2020? Ordered one a month ago still isn’t here but should be here this weekend!

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 2:12 Quote
Here I am with my Clash 24 !
I'm having fun with this bike.
It is the best !!!

Tya 7yo girl jumping the wall

Posted: 2 days ago Quote

My new Clash in Raw Aluminum. This bike rips! I built it for the bike park but it actually pedals and climbs surprisingly well and I've raced an Enduro with it and taken it to local flow trails. It can really do it all.
Fox 36 Grip 2 with Push ACS3 coil upgrade 170mm travel, Fox DHX2
XT 1x11, XT front brakes Zee rear, Zee cranks, MRP bashguide, DMR Vault Brendog Pedals
Chromag Trailmaster DT saddle and Chromag Squarewave grips
Spank Spike Bearclaw 777 Vibrocore bar and 50 mm stem
9.8 Fall line dropper 150mm
Stans Flow wheelset with Schwalbe Dirty Dan front and Magic Mary rear

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Nice raw clash Alex.

Poupouille80 wrote:
Here I am with my Clash 24 !
I'm having fun with this bike.
It is the best !!!

Tya 7yo girl jumping the wall

Sending it! Super!

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
AlexNIN wrote:
My new Clash in Raw Aluminum. This bike rips! I built it for the bike park but it actually pedals and climbs surprisingly well and I've raced an Enduro with it and taken it to local flow trails. It can really do it all.
Fox 36 Grip 2 with Push ACS3 coil upgrade 170mm travel, Fox DHX2
XT 1x11, XT front brakes Zee rear, Zee cranks, MRP bashguide, DMR Vault Brendog Pedals
Chromag Trailmaster DT saddle and Chromag Squarewave grips
Spank Spike Bearclaw 777 Vibrocore bar and 50 mm stem
9.8 Fall line dropper 150mm
Stans Flow wheelset with Schwalbe Dirty Dan front and Magic Mary rear

How does it run with a 170mm fork? I've been thinking about reducing the travel for winter riding

querynotfound wrote:
AlexNIN wrote:

How does it run with a 170mm fork? I've been thinking about reducing the travel for winter riding
It feels fine to me. The fork and shock were transferred over from my transition patrol so I don't have a comparison but I also have the push coil upgrade so it's pretty hard to bottom out. It handled everything I rode at snowshoe and blue mountain bike parks to the point I never even rode my full dh bike I brought. I'm really loving this bike.

Charlotroy wrote:
Is it me or is that RS super deluxe coil shock lacking high speed compression ? I ride pretty hard and the 450 lbs spring gives me a sag of 28% (I'm 162 lbs) but I seem to bottom out quite often. I tried using a 500 lbs spring but it gives me a harsh ride

Get it tune with tractiv tuning from vorsprung

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015567
Mobile Version of Website