commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
Is it me or is that RS super deluxe coil shock lacking high speed compression ? I ride pretty hard and the 450 lbs spring gives me a sag of 28% (I'm 162 lbs) but I seem to bottom out quite often. I tried using a 500 lbs spring but it gives me a harsh ride

I'm 155lbs and had to drop the coil to 350lb as recommended by Commencal as I was only getting 17ish% sag with compression and preload all wound off.
I've only done one ride with the 350 so can't really comment on it but the sag is around 28% now with compression set in the middle.

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
When you guys are washing your bikes, specifically the Clash, do you care much about getting water in the frame at the shock mount point? I personally don't worry too much about it as it has that huge hole before the bottom bracket and I figure it'll just drain out of there if the frame gets any water ingress. Just curious what others think of that.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
bgmullan wrote:
When you guys are washing your bikes, specifically the Clash, do you care much about getting water in the frame at the shock mount point? I personally don't worry too much about it as it has that huge hole before the bottom bracket and I figure it'll just drain out of there if the frame gets any water ingress. Just curious what others think of that.
You wash your bike??

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
I use the air compressor then finish off with SC1. Sometimes I’ll take the wheels off and hose down the tires.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
This bike has brought my confidence levels to an all new high
This would be my third trip to CGP but my first time ever attempting to ride coastal cruise.
Views: 280    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Upgraded the stock SLX brakes to some Hope E4s last week and these might have been the best bike related upgrade I’ve ever purchased. I can’t believe I punished myself riding SlX brakes on my last two bikes.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
I love mine, built it up from frame so choose the spec as I was going.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 20:38 Quote
SimonVD wrote:
That’s awesome what did you choose for your suspension set up ? At the rate I’m going the only stock components will soon be the suspension and the eagle drivetrain.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 20:56 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
SimonVD wrote:
That’s awesome what did you choose for your suspension set up ? At the rate I’m going the only stock components will soon be the suspension and the eagle drivetrain.

Fox36 up front with the float x2 out back. Never been happier on a bike.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
Hi,
I'm considering the purchase of the Clash Race 2020.
Is 165 mm rear travel enough for aggressive bike park riding?

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
atasca wrote:
Hi,

Ive found this bike to be more than capable of anything ive thrown at it. If it comes with the float X2 rear shock like my 2019 did you'll be fine they spec the same rear shock out on DH bikes

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 20:24 Quote
atasca wrote:
Hi,

Yes, especially if you swap the shock for something coil sprung. The leverage ratio on the rear is pretty progressive. You can run 33% sag in the rear with a coil shock and not worry about harsh bottoming; it's one of those bikes that feels like it has more travel than it does. I'm able to hit double black tech at Whistler and Northstar on it, although it's more tiring and I have less margin for error that on my DH bike.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
AlexNIN wrote:
querynotfound wrote:
AlexNIN wrote:

How does it run with a 170mm fork? I've been thinking about reducing the travel for winter riding
It feels fine to me. The fork and shock were transferred over from my transition patrol so I don't have a comparison but I also have the push coil upgrade so it's pretty hard to bottom out. It handled everything I rode at snowshoe and blue mountain bike parks to the point I never even rode my full dh bike I brought. I'm really loving this bike.
How did you like the clash compared to the patrol?

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 5:46 Quote
angushall19 wrote:
AlexNIN wrote:
querynotfound wrote:

How does it run with a 170mm fork? I've been thinking about reducing the travel for winter riding
It feels fine to me. The fork and shock were transferred over from my transition patrol so I don't have a comparison but I also have the push coil upgrade so it's pretty hard to bottom out. It handled everything I rode at snowshoe and blue mountain bike parks to the point I never even rode my full dh bike I brought. I'm really loving this bike.
How did you like the clash compared to the patrol?
The Clash may be heavier but I definitely like it more than the 17 carbon patrol I had. The dhx2 I swapped over gets to use 10mm more travel on the Clash and it actually climbs better even with the shock fully open. No wallowing it's crazy. Rode the Clash at Snowshoe, Blue Mountain in PA, Mountain Creek and Windrock it handles everything and is super fun on the trail.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
I was looking at the Commencal website and it shows the Clash bottom bracket height at -12

I'm not really familair with BB height referred to as MINUS anything? so is -12 the same as having a BB height of 12 inches?

or am I missing something?
I only ask because 12 inches seems kind of low to me? but I guess it could be.

thanks in advance

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014298
Mobile Version of Website