commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
Flipped my own shock around for testing. The only downside I see is that it's less convenient to turn the climb switch. I might buy a Fidlock water bottle and see if it mounts inside the frame.
Flipped the shock around and now I have beer storage inside the front triangle

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
How is everyone finding the clash with a coil? I have yet to actually ride mine yet, and am curios about swapping the air shock for a coil. I ride up to ride down, but will also be doing lots of lift riding

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
How is everyone finding the clash with a coil? I have yet to actually ride mine yet, and am curios about swapping the air shock for a coil. I ride up to ride down, but will also be doing lots of lift riding

I run a DHX2 on mine on full open all the time with no issues climbing. The Clash loves a coil imo. Bike is built for rowdy descents, drops and jumps.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
querynotfound wrote:
Flipped my own shock around for testing. The only downside I see is that it's less convenient to turn the climb switch. I might buy a Fidlock water bottle and see if it mounts inside the frame.
Flipped the shock around and now I have beer storage inside the front triangle
İt worked isn't it Big Grin

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 5:13 Quote
Most people seem to be saying it's not too bad to climb on. Can anyone comment on climbing with the clash relative to the Meta AM?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
tjcroft wrote:
Most people seem to be saying it's not too bad to climb on. Can anyone comment on climbing with the clash relative to the Meta AM?

Weel, obviously you'll climb better with the Meta. I would say the Clash is 85% as good as climbing as the Meta.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
jerry88 wrote:
tjcroft wrote:
Most people seem to be saying it's not too bad to climb on. Can anyone comment on climbing with the clash relative to the Meta AM?

Weel, obviously you'll climb better with the Meta. I would say the Clash is 85% as good as climbing as the Meta.

I'd say that's not too bad. I just wanted a frame of reference. Thanks!

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
A friend of mine work at commencal, he has ridden the clash and currently ride the meta 29, the clash is clearly more freeride oriented, its not really meant to climb and pedal. While the meta is a real enduro, made to climb but can also jump pretty well. I see a lot of guys doing full enduro build on the clash but this bike is not meant for that. personaly i use it like a big slopestyle/ freeride bike

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Do you guys think that these 180 mm single crown forks might have any stiffness issues?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
Do you guys think that these 180 mm single crown forks might have any stiffness issues?

Not at all

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Uchwmdr wrote:
Do you guys think that these 180 mm single crown forks might have any stiffness issues?

Not at all
Nice. Im concidering a new frame and btw i have the same fork as you, but hvent tested yet

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
A friend of mine work at commencal, he has ridden the clash and currently ride the meta 29, the clash is clearly more freeride oriented, its not really meant to climb and pedal. While the meta is a real enduro, made to climb but can also jump pretty well. I see a lot of guys doing full enduro build on the clash but this bike is not meant for that. personaly i use it like a big slopestyle/ freeride bike


Maybe so but I use my clash for trail and enduro riding all the time. I've put a lot of climbs on it, including 50 minutes of non stop climbing and it's almost as good as my previous devinci troy, which is a light trail bike. Granted it's not the best climber but if you're fit enough it's not a problem at all. I have a heavy clash with a coil in the back and vorsrpung coil kit in the lyrik so I guess it's around 35-36 lbs.

So yeah don't be scared of the weight folks, just pedal it !

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
A friend of mine work at commencal, he has ridden the clash and currently ride the meta 29, the clash is clearly more freeride oriented, its not really meant to climb and pedal. While the meta is a real enduro, made to climb but can also jump pretty well. I see a lot of guys doing full enduro build on the clash but this bike is not meant for that. personaly i use it like a big slopestyle/ freeride bike


Maybe so but I use my clash for trail and enduro riding all the time. I've put a lot of climbs on it, including 50 minutes of non stop climbing and it's almost as good as my previous devinci troy, which is a light trail bike. Granted it's not the best climber but if you're fit enough it's not a problem at all. I have a heavy clash with a coil in the back and vorsrpung coil kit in the lyrik so I guess it's around 35-36 lbs.

So yeah don't be scared of the weight folks, just pedal it !
Its not so much the weight as the pedal efficiency, antinsquat, pedal bob .

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
So PB gang, I’m seriously about to order a Clash but was curious if there were any updates to the 2020 frames versus the 2018/2019’s? I am rather disgusted in the colors of the 2020’s and I really love some of the color ways on the previous year. I can deal with the color not being perfect to me if there were other updates to the frame otherwise I’ll likely just order a 2019 version with the fox kit.

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
I'm thinking of buying a clash but I don't know what size to get. I'm 14, almost 15, a tad bit taller than 6 foot, about 165 lbs, and I'm supposed to grow to 6'2. I've seen some 5'10 guys saying the large is a perfect size for them which kind of worries me because I wanted to get the large, but there's also some 6'0 and 6'1 guys saying a large is good for them. I'm coming from a large 2016 trek fuel ex 8 29 and it felt ok size wise, if that changes anything. I like whipping the bike around in the air so I think a smaller and more maneuverable bike would be better but i'm not sure. I also prefered the large as it would be slightly lighter, and I'm still going to do a few climbs on this thing. Should i go for a large or would an xL be a better fit?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006305
Mobile Version of Website