commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
domdb wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a clash but I don't know what size to get. I'm 14, almost 15, a tad bit taller than 6 foot, about 165 lbs, and I'm supposed to grow to 6'2. I've seen some 5'10 guys saying the large is a perfect size for them which kind of worries me because I wanted to get the large, but there's also some 6'0 and 6'1 guys saying a large is good for them. I'm coming from a large 2016 trek fuel ex 8 29 and it felt ok size wise, if that changes anything. I like whipping the bike around in the air so I think a smaller and more maneuverable bike would be better but i'm not sure. I also prefered the large as it would be slightly lighter, and I'm still going to do a few climbs on this thing. Should i go for a large or would an xL be a better fit?

xl reach of 497mm is too big for what you're after imo.
Though the large of 467mm is fairly small for someone over 6'. It'll be great for whipping, but may feel small on climbs or at speed.

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
Hey!

I'm 5'10'' and went for the L size. I've also ridden a Fuel EX 29er in size 18.5 (M/L) and felt pretty OK. Then I owned a Slash 29 size 19.5 (L) and I it was the ideal size. With my Clash I can say i have the right size. I tried the XL and my extra long arms and legs made me feel pretty dialed too, but when I was standing up on the bike I felt like it was a monster truck for me, did not have that "flickable" feeling that the L has.

Nevertheless when descending I felt the XL a little more stable, I think it has to do with the longer wheelbase and that I felt more centered in the bike itself. owever jumping and gapping things felt more natural with the size "L" which I really loved and was one of the reasons I chose this bike.

I think you're between sizes and it is important for you to know which characteristics of the bike you would like to exploit a little bit more. If I were you, and I knew I would still grow a couple of inches I would go for the XL.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
domdb wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a clash but I don't know what size to get. I'm 14, almost 15, a tad bit taller than 6 foot, about 165 lbs, and I'm supposed to grow to 6'2. I've seen some 5'10 guys saying the large is a perfect size for them which kind of worries me because I wanted to get the large, but there's also some 6'0 and 6'1 guys saying a large is good for them. I'm coming from a large 2016 trek fuel ex 8 29 and it felt ok size wise, if that changes anything. I like whipping the bike around in the air so I think a smaller and more maneuverable bike would be better but i'm not sure. I also prefered the large as it would be slightly lighter, and I'm still going to do a few climbs on this thing. Should i go for a large or would an xL be a better fit?
go for large. if you want a moreplayful bike, go for xl if you want a very stable bike. im6'3 and would personally go large for a more playful bike. dont listen to this mainstream shit that everyone is preaching that short people should ride large bikes and tall people should ride ultra large ones. at 5'10 there is no way a large is ''good'' for them, they are overbiked.
what you should take into account is that in 2 years you might even be 6'4. it depends.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
I'm like 5' 9"
And the medium is pretty much perfect for me...
I'm running a 35mm stem and 780mm bars

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
I’m 6’0” with a 6’3” wingspan and feel my large is perfect with a 35mm stem and 780mm bars

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
I'm 6' 2" and ride an xl which feels fine but I have fairly long arms. Commencal also talked me into ordering my new Meta in XL and run a short stem cause I was debating between sizes. 50mm stem on my Clash and 33mm stem on the Meta 29er.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
AlexNIN wrote:
I'm 6' 2" and ride an xl which feels fine but I have fairly long arms. Commencal also talked me into ordering my new Meta in XL and run a short stem cause I was debating between sizes. 50mm stem on my Clash and 33mm stem on the Meta 29er.
isnt 497 reach a bit too much?

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
Honestly I'm not too sure without being able to compare it to a large frame. You may very well grow into the XL or depending how long you want to keep the bike for a L will be fine for a while.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
AlexNIN wrote:
Honestly I'm not too sure without being able to compare it to a large frame. You may very well grow into the XL or depending how long you want to keep the bike for a L will be fine for a while.
my current bike has 442 mm reach and im 6'3

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 18:00 Quote
I'm on a large at 5'10" with a long torso and it fits me well.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
Hey all,

Does the 2020 clash have a place for a water bottle cage?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:33 Quote
bananahammocktan wrote:
Hey all,

Does the 2020 clash have a place for a water bottle cage?

Thanks

The bolts on the down tube protector accept a water bottle mount, no mounts inside the frame.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
On the 2020 frame: are the logos stickers/ decals or are they pained?

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
On the 2020 frame: are the logos stickers/ decals or are they pained?

My 2019 is painted, and a previous Meta I had was painted so would assume the 2020s are also all painted aswell.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 2:40 Quote
what coil spring rate are you using on the clash? i weight between 93-100 kg geared and wonder. Has anyone used an angleset to slacken the head angle a bit?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005582
Mobile Version of Website