commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
norcohavocdirtjumper wrote:

Just curious. But how do they cause problems?
The standover doesn't look to bad.
What do the long chainstays cause?

Genuinely curious, because this would be a big purchase for me and something I wanna do right the first time.

I'm 6`, I ride a size large and it's impossible for me to get the seat low enough. I find that when riding jumps and techy terrain the saddle hits the inside of my legs/butt and impedes my ability to move about on the bike as much as i'd like.

The long chainstays make the bike feel sluggish, and doesn't make much sense on a bike that's marketed as a fun play bike. This, combined with the considerable weight of the bike (My large clash is around 38lbs!!!) makes the handling dull in many situations.

Their decision to make the bike even longer is a poor one in my opinion. They already have the Meta AM 29 as their dedicated race bike, and the previous generation clash was more than big enough already.

I've had some good times on my Clash over the last year and a half i've been riding it, and I don't by any means regret purchasing it, but I do have some serious issues with the design, and feel that I should have done a bit more research before pulling the trigger. Things like the lack of any bottle cage mounts, awkward cable routing, high standover, very jacked up front end, extremely heavy weight and sluggish geometry make it a bike thats sometimes hard to love...

That said, many of these things are personal preference and this is just my experience. Others may have no issue with these things...

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Rossberg wrote:
A bit disappointed with the geometry. Search for shorter chainstays and low standover continues..

Look at the Transition Patrol and Kona Process 153/165

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
I'm 5'10" on a large and have more than enough standover, I actually find it has better standover than any similar bike I've ever ridden. The chain stays are a bit long for the wheelbase at sag, which is why I run offset bushings to increase front-center, although rather than shorten the chainstays I'd rather they just lengthen front-center via head angle/reach.

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
djjohnr wrote:
I'm 5'10" on a large and have more than enough standover, I actually find it has better standover than any similar bike I've ever ridden. The chain stays are a bit long for the wheelbase at sag, which is why I run offset bushings to increase front-center, although rather than shorten the chainstays I'd rather they just lengthen front-center via head angle/reach.

Yeah i agree, 6ftish on 2019 large and i am running the 210 oneup dropper with about 40mm extended above the clamp...

But then this is the first non trail bike i have ever had so i am not a good reference point...

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 20:01 Quote
Hey guys!!

Anyone done a mullet clash?

Thoughts ?

Cheers!

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
thepawndon wrote:
Hey guys!!

Thoughts ?

Cheers!

Hi there! I've never seen anyone do that, but I don't see why you couldn't as long as you're not exceeding the axle to crown length that it's designed around. Here's a link to another PB forum about running a Transition Patrol as a mullet bike. The response from Transition posted on there is pretty helpful.

You could reach out to Commencal directly. I have found them to be super helpful and fast to respond to my questions.

To maintain the axle to crown with a 29er fork and wheel, you would probably need to run a lot less travel than you would actually want...and then the bike would obviously handle significantly different from what it was designed around. Personally I wouldn't do it, but I'm curious to know what it's like for sure!

I'm also curious if anyone has tried to run a dual-crown fork on theirs. I think that would be super rad.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
johannes88 wrote:
thepawndon wrote:
Hey guys!!

Thoughts ?

Cheers!

Hi there! I've never seen anyone do that, but I don't see why you couldn't as long as you're not exceeding the axle to crown length that it's designed around. Here's a link to another PB forum about running a Transition Patrol as a mullet bike. The response from Transition posted on there is pretty helpful.

You could reach out to Commencal directly. I have found them to be super helpful and fast to respond to my questions.

To maintain the axle to crown with a 29er fork and wheel, you would probably need to run a lot less travel than you would actually want...and then the bike would obviously handle significantly different from what it was designed around. Personally I wouldn't do it, but I'm curious to know what it's like for sure!

I'm also curious if anyone has tried to run a dual-crown fork on theirs. I think that would be super rad.

I really want to try a 180mm Ohlins DH38 on this bikes .

I've seen Slayer a lot getting overfork for bike park or Knolly Delirium , I'm pretty sur the clash would be in the same category as those bike with a dual crown

Pretty sure @djjohnr has a dual crown he uses on his clash..

Yeah is it possible to run a dual crown on this bike ?

Charlotroy wrote:
Yeah is it possible to run a dual crown on this bike ?
Sure its possible. Will adjust the geometry though.

Clash is cleared for a dual crown, I checked with Commencal USA when I bought it. I've run one on it set to 180mm; axle to crown can be set the same as a 180mm single crown. Works great.

thepawndon wrote:
Hey guys!!

Thoughts ?

Cheers!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBTVyYtnwUv/?igshid=14frgwgv6d6k8

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006758
Mobile Version of Website