commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
Has anyone tried the new Clash? The sizing is quite a bit larger, and coming from a large I feel like the new medium would be better. I’m 6’1”, and may be interested in upgrading the frame.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 14:54 Quote
Has anyone had their clash crack yet? It appears I’ve got a nice crack forming up on my linkage where the rear shock bolts up. 2019 Clash frame.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
Has anyone had their clash crack yet? It appears I’ve got a nice crack forming up on my linkage where the rear shock bolts up. 2019 Clash frame.

pics please so we all can keep an eye out on our frames

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
https://imgur.com/gallery/VWs6Re5
It is a very minor crack, but there is also a crack on the opposite side of the linkage which I have not photographed yet.
Since I’ve had this bike I have put it through nearly 2000kms of fairly hard aggressive riding.
I’ve only just discovered it yesterday after washing my bike, decided to go for another ride this morning to see if it would get worse and it did a little bit. Sent off some photos to Commencal Canada today but in BC it’s a long weekend so I won’t hear back till next week. I had to warranty my fork in June and Commencal was very quick to help me with the process with Fox to get me back riding again, so I’m not worried about the warranty process with these guys.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 19:44 Quote
let us know if commencal is aware of that or if it's just a lemon please !

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
I absolutely will, i had been doing some research and I had yet to come across anyone else cracking their clashes, that’s mainly why I made the forum post.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 1:55 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
Charlotroy wrote:
I absolutely will, i had been doing some research and I had yet to come across anyone else cracking their clashes, that’s mainly why I made the forum post.

Interesting, I just purchased the 2021 clash essential. I noticed the linkage plates joining to the shock are different on mine. Wonder if they found that to be a weak spot.

On another note, I was wondering what settings are the guys with Fox suspension running ?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 5:07 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/VWs6Re5
It is a very minor crack, but there is also a crack on the opposite side of the linkage which I have not photographed yet.
Since I’ve had this bike I have put it through nearly 2000kms of fairly hard aggressive riding.
I’ve only just discovered it yesterday after washing my bike, decided to go for another ride this morning to see if it would get worse and it did a little bit. Sent off some photos to Commencal Canada today but in BC it’s a long weekend so I won’t hear back till next week. I had to warranty my fork in June and Commencal was very quick to help me with the process with Fox to get me back riding again, so I’m not worried about the warranty process with these guys.

oh oh , is it rocky mountain recall repetting here.. I have a 2019 clash also.. wouldn't mind getting a 2021 replacement or even a 2020 black/gold frame.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
Bird82 wrote:
jamieSaunders wrote:
Charlotroy wrote:

Interesting, I just purchased the 2021 clash essential. I noticed the linkage plates joining to the shock are different on mine. Wonder if they found that to be a weak spot.

On another note, I was wondering what settings are the guys with Fox suspension running ?
I’m not a super heavy rider only about 155 pounds and I run my X2 rear shock at 200 PSI

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
I noticed today on my lower shock mount that even when the bolt is tight, the little spacers on either side of the shock have a tiny bit of side to side play. Is that normal?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
Adamtborski wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Clash? The sizing is quite a bit larger, and coming from a large I feel like the new medium would be better. I’m 6’1”, and may be interested in upgrading the frame.

I have, I got a medium and I was worried about the longer geometry But after receiving it it’s completely fine. Stick with what you would normally ride in their bikes.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Adamtborski wrote:

Bro I’m 5‘8“ something and I’m on a 2021 medium. I think a large will be fine for 6’1”. Are you near a dealer to test ride ?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
Bird82 wrote:
jamieSaunders wrote:

I’m not a super heavy rider only about 155 pounds and I run my X2 rear shock at 200 PSI

I’m 144 lb in my birth suit. Think I’m running 170 psi in the back. What’s your compression and rebound settings? Of the top of my head I think I’m 10 clicks Im on my LSC and 7 clicks In on my LSR.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 15:34 Quote
Bird82 wrote:
jamieSaunders wrote:
Bird82 wrote:

I’m 144 lb in my birth suit. Think I’m running 170 psi in the back. What’s your compression and rebound settings? Of the top of my head I think I’m 10 clicks Im on my LSC and 7 clicks In on my LSR.
Too be totally honest I pumped my shock up to 200 when I got the bike and have never once adjusted the rebound or compression on the rear shock. Loved how it felt just with 200 in the rear and ran it like that for 1600kms untill my linkage cracked last weekend.

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
djjohnr wrote:
Keany221 wrote:
How does everyone get on with a water bottle with the clash? I've got the fidlock bottle mounted in the stock position under the downtube but finding with how low the bb is that the bottle is getting bashed a bit and the attachment mech is obviously getting all full of mud making it harder to reattach the bottle after having a drink. I have a hip pack but would rather not use it for short rides as its still fairly bulky.

Has anyone managed to squeeze a fidlock 450 bottle under the top tube with the strap mount?

I really can't get on with a full on backpack so that's not an option.

I use a Topeak Java Cage which has a strap, combined with a nalgene ATB bottle with a flip cap to keep mud off the nozzle.

- https://www.topeak.com/us/en/products/adjustable-cage/371-modula--java-cage
- https://www.nalgene.com/product/2590-0022/

Decided to give that topeak java a go, gone for elite fly mtb 950 with the mud cap to go with it. Hopefully it's not too big.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006478
Mobile Version of Website