commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
rskorch wrote:
Is that a 2021? When did you order it to get your hands on it already?

I'm looking at a Medium Frame, CLASH ESSENTIAL GUN METAL 2021 because I am 5'10" and they stretched it out quite a bit.... based on your ride, does that seem right?

Yes it's the 2021. The Origin actually has a better drivetrain then the model up .... for this year at least.
Model up has Sram SX I believe which breaks at the derailuer hanger.
The 2021 Origin has a 10speed Deore drivetrain with a clutched derailuer .... The clutch makes the chain barely bounce at all and just holds everything awesome. Never had a clutched derailuer before this bike and it's awesome to have. Didn't understand how to use it till I watched a YouTube vid and realized you gotta click it down into place and feel the strong tension then you know it's on.

But ya .... 2021 in the Granite Blue (it's really Gray IRL) I believe .... It was the first version available and I ordered it in the spring or summer and got it in late July. By the time I received my bike they had sold out of that color .... Hence the back order on the other colors since this was the first color available. And it doesn't look like there restocking in this color. Also the tires are different on the Origin's now I think.

Size wise I'm sure a medium will fit you .... Bout 5 inch of height difference between me and u, and the large was perfect for me. So I'm sure you'd fit a medium great. Bikes are almost getting too long nowadays. Hope that helps .... Also Calling Commencal helps since that's what I did to confirm. As long as you don't have extra long legs then you should be good .... 2021 Mediums are the Size of 2020 Larges so that's something to keep in mind. Commencal told me that I'd have fit a XL 2020 and a L 2021 .... I waited till the 2021 was released and I was super glad I did since I hated the white of the 2020 and hated the SX drivetrain.

Cheers

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 3:21 Quote
rskorch wrote:
I'm looking at a Medium Frame, CLASH ESSENTIAL GUN METAL 2021 because I am 5'10" and they stretched it out quite a bit.... based on your ride, does that seem right?

I'm 6'2 on a 2021 medium. A large would also work fine for me but I prefer a smaller bike. 5'10 on a medium will be fine

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
Since most of the Clash's are on backorder until next spring at this point, would it be worth it to just wait until the 2022 models are released? When do you guys think that would be?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
AdamMmtb03 wrote:
Since most of the Clash's are on backorder until next spring at this point, would it be worth it to just wait until the 2022 models are released? When do you guys think that would be?

If they can barely get any 2021 models out the door, I highly doubt pushing a 2022 early is going to be a priority for them at all. Keep in mind, the Spring wait time is pretty typical right now for all brands, not just Commencal.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
aktg wrote:
AdamMmtb03 wrote:
Since most of the Clash's are on backorder until next spring at this point, would it be worth it to just wait until the 2022 models are released? When do you guys think that would be?

If they can barely get any 2021 models out the door, I highly doubt pushing a 2022 early is going to be a priority for them at all. Keep in mind, the Spring wait time is pretty typical right now for all brands, not just Commencal.

Ya I figured. Do you know when the Clash dropped this year?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
liamhutch89 wrote:
rskorch wrote:
I'm looking at a Medium Frame, CLASH ESSENTIAL GUN METAL 2021 because I am 5'10" and they stretched it out quite a bit.... based on your ride, does that seem right?

I'm 6'2 on a 2021 medium. A large would also work fine for me but I prefer a smaller bike. 5'10 on a medium will be fine


Thanks for that!! Ordering tonight!

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 18:55 Quote
norcohavocdirtjumper wrote:
rskorch wrote:
Is that a 2021? When did you order it to get your hands on it already?

I'm looking at a Medium Frame, CLASH ESSENTIAL GUN METAL 2021 because I am 5'10" and they stretched it out quite a bit.... based on your ride, does that seem right?

Yes it's the 2021. The Origin actually has a better drivetrain then the model up .... for this year at least.
Model up has Sram SX I believe which breaks at the derailuer hanger.
The 2021 Origin has a 10speed Deore drivetrain with a clutched derailuer .... The clutch makes the chain barely bounce at all and just holds everything awesome. Never had a clutched derailuer before this bike and it's awesome to have. Didn't understand how to use it till I watched a YouTube vid and realized you gotta click it down into place and feel the strong tension then you know it's on.

But ya .... 2021 in the Granite Blue (it's really Gray IRL) I believe .... It was the first version available and I ordered it in the spring or summer and got it in late July. By the time I received my bike they had sold out of that color .... Hence the back order on the other colors since this was the first color available. And it doesn't look like there restocking in this color. Also the tires are different on the Origin's now I think.

Size wise I'm sure a medium will fit you .... Bout 5 inch of height difference between me and u, and the large was perfect for me. So I'm sure you'd fit a medium great. Bikes are almost getting too long nowadays. Hope that helps .... Also Calling Commencal helps since that's what I did to confirm. As long as you don't have extra long legs then you should be good .... 2021 Mediums are the Size of 2020 Larges so that's something to keep in mind. Commencal told me that I'd have fit a XL 2020 and a L 2021 .... I waited till the 2021 was released and I was super glad I did since I hated the white of the 2020 and hated the SX drivetrain.

Cheers

Thanks, bro! I am going for the Essential model in Gunmetal. It will be a bike park toy primarily, but I bet I'll ride it way more than just that!

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
AdamMmtb03 wrote:
aktg wrote:
AdamMmtb03 wrote:
Since most of the Clash's are on backorder until next spring at this point, would it be worth it to just wait until the 2022 models are released? When do you guys think that would be?

If they can barely get any 2021 models out the door, I highly doubt pushing a 2022 early is going to be a priority for them at all. Keep in mind, the Spring wait time is pretty typical right now for all brands, not just Commencal.

Ya I figured. Do you know when the Clash dropped this year?

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
AdamMmtb03 wrote:
aktg wrote:
AdamMmtb03 wrote:
Since most of the Clash's are on backorder until next spring at this point, would it be worth it to just wait until the 2022 models are released? When do you guys think that would be?

If they can barely get any 2021 models out the door, I highly doubt pushing a 2022 early is going to be a priority for them at all. Keep in mind, the Spring wait time is pretty typical right now for all brands, not just Commencal.

Ya I figured. Do you know when the Clash dropped this year?


Im not sure exactly, but I know a limited number of people received them already, most people are having to wait until December - March (even looking like May on some models now!) Commencal has a no questions asked cancellation policy though, so If you order one for Spring, and something better comes along in the meantime, you can always just cancel it and get that one instead! The only caveat to that is they do charge your card for the full amount right away when you pre-order. So it depends on your financial situation if that is feasible.

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 5:55 Quote
Anybody got the same email from Commencal saying that the order will be delayed?

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
Yes I got the email but funny it says it's delayed to the
original date. I've ordered from YT so I'm familiar with
how mail order bikes work. Delays seem inevitable but
eventually you'll get it! Hopefully you have another bike
to ride in the meantime...

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
Yes I got the email but funny it says it's delayed to the
original date. I've ordered from YT so I'm familiar with
how mail order bikes work. Delays seem inevitable but
eventually you'll get it! Hopefully you have another bike
to ride in the meantime...

I ordered the silver Clash frame when the website says my stuff will come in December, and now it seems like the whole batch of bike frames is still on their way to the US. (A few days after I placed the order, the available data became January, and now is May I think)
My estimation was Commencal will get the frame in mid-November, after processing and distribution, frames will be delivered to customers in December, and apparently, things are slower than they originally expected I guess.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
Is Commencal offering a full refund for people who want their bike within the original timeframe expected???

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
The email I got didn't mention anything about the refund, only talked about things being delayed.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
GCRDONO wrote:
The email I got didn't mention anything about the refund, only talked about things being delayed.

It would be good to know if they would give a full refund if someone was to request one...it would greatly affect the likelihood of my purchasing decision.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006187
Mobile Version of Website