commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
I just received my new 2021 meta AM frame about a week before it was supposed to be available. Was listed as October 30 availability and I think I received it on the 28th...... was up in the air between the meta and a new clash frame so glad I picked the meta after hearing the clash is further and further away

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
unrooted wrote:
Is Commencal offering a full refund for people who want their bike within the original timeframe expected???

Commencal will give you a full refund. I ordered Clash Race and a few weeks later decided I wanted to go with the Clash Signature. I called them and they cancelled it no problem at all and refunded my money 100 percent. They didn't know I was planning on ordering another model either. I then placed the order for the one I wanted.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
unrooted wrote:
Is Commencal offering a full refund for people who want their bike within the original timeframe expected???
Commencal customer service is great, I'm sure they'll refund you no problem.

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Recently i bought a commencal clash frame. And i bought a shock but it came with transition bearing hardware. İ still dont received the frame. Will this fit? 28mm wide. İcan change the bearings for bolt size.


I just bought the same kind of shock for my Clash and I was wondering what you did for hardware to make it work?
I think you said it's 28mm wide where the bearing are? is that with the dust caps on?

how did you make yours fit?
thanks

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
redman733 wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Recently i bought a commencal clash frame. And i bought a shock but it came with transition bearing hardware. İ still dont received the frame. Will this fit? 28mm wide. İcan change the bearings for bolt size.


I just bought the same kind of shock for my Clash and I was wondering what you did for hardware to make it work?
I think you said it's 28mm wide where the bearing are? is that with the dust caps on?

how did you make yours fit?
thanks

It's only the black body width, i changed bearings for bigger diameter and was able to fit with few spacers

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 22:31 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
redman733 wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Recently i bought a commencal clash frame. And i bought a shock but it came with transition bearing hardware. İ still dont received the frame. Will this fit? 28mm wide. İcan change the bearings for bolt size.


I just bought the same kind of shock for my Clash and I was wondering what you did for hardware to make it work?
I think you said it's 28mm wide where the bearing are? is that with the dust caps on?

how did you make yours fit?
thanks

It's only the black body width, i changed bearings for bigger diameter and was able to fit with few spacers

You were able to find a replacement eyelet bearing that's sized for m10 hardware?

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
I just ordered a 2021 Clash Signature size L. It comes with a 500 lb spring, and I weigh 200 lbs geared up. Anyone have any experience/idea if that spring is a good rate for my weight on this bike?

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
tannerzinck wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
redman733 wrote:



I just bought the same kind of shock for my Clash and I was wondering what you did for hardware to make it work?
I think you said it's 28mm wide where the bearing are? is that with the dust caps on?

how did you make yours fit?
thanks

It's only the black body width, i changed bearings for bigger diameter and was able to fit with few spacers

You were able to find a replacement eyelet bearing that's sized for m10 hardware?

Yeah found in a local bearing store

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
Anyone have experience with both coil and air shocks on the 2020 (and earlier) models?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
Did anyone else notice that Commencal changed their sizing for the clash? And found out you bought the "wrong size"

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
GCRDONO wrote:
Did anyone else notice that Commencal changed their sizing for the clash? And found out you bought the "wrong size"

How did they change the sizing?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
GCRDONO wrote:
Did anyone else notice that Commencal changed their sizing for the clash? And found out you bought the "wrong size"

I compared it to the current bike and realized I needed a medium
even though the other bike was a large. I even called them to ask
if medium was the right size. So I would have bought the wrong size
but luckily I looked at the geometry first!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
tannerzinck wrote:
Anyone have experience with both coil and air shocks on the 2020 (and earlier) models?

I recentlly install a coil in a 2019. It's pretty much what I expect. Super plush, better cornering, but definitly less active on fast pedaling segments, overall I think it got a little slower than with air shock, but definitlly a way better bike for me.


160 lb using a 350 coil.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
So it looks like Commencal randomly changed their sizing on the 2021 Clash. Like the sizing chart they had posted a month ago is different than it is now. People who have been receiving their bikes must have complained they are too big. And I agree. I rode a bike just yesterday with a 465mm reach, like the medium Clash, and at 5'8" I am waaay to stretched out for my liking. Not comfortable at all. My back was sore after a couple hours on it. Which means I should be on a small frame? If you look at the geo on the small its much bigger then most companies mediums. Needless to say, I just canceled my order for a medium Clash Signature. Sucks but riding an uncomfortable bike I spent 5 grand on would suck more. Not saying everyone would agree with me here, but if your around 5'8" and ordered a medium its something to consider. A 465mm reach is huge.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
aktg wrote:
So it looks like Commencal randomly changed their sizing on the 2021 Clash. People who have been receiving their bikes must have complained they are too big. And I agree. I rode a bike just yesterday with a 465mm reach, like the medium Clash, and at 5'8" I am waaay to stretched out for my liking. Not comfortable at all. Which means I should be on a small frame? If you look at the geo on the small its much bigger then most companies mediums. Needless to say, I just canceled my order for a medium Clash Signature. Sucks but riding an uncomfortable bike I spent 5 grand on would suck more

My 5’7” friend just ordered a medium Knolly Warden with 475mm reach, which is the same as my XLBanshee PrimE that I still ride...it’s getting a lil bit silly. I guess if you only plan on riding fast flow trails these super long bikes might make sense, but for twisty, slow tech trails??? I’m 6’5” and not sure a 510mm reach wouldn’t feel rediculous for 90% of the trails I ride.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.006973
Mobile Version of Website