commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
I'm 6' 190lbs and had originally ordered a large and upon comparing the geometry to other similar bikes, the medium Clash was bigger in almost every dimension than other company's larges (YT Capra, Santa Cruz Nomad which I'm coming from, Canyon Torque, etc.). I called and asked the guys at the headquarters and they said that most of them sized down on the Clash because it felt a little bit more flickable, a few of them liked the long reach, but no one was entirely unhappy sizing either up or down. I switched my order from a Large to a Medium because it was pretty similar in geometry to my previous Nomad, but also took a step down in model to have one in January instead of April/May. The day I get it, it's getting built, pedalled, and hopefully taken to the local bike park, weather pending. I'm surprised so few people have put up any kind of feedback or reviews on these things, so If no one beats me to it, I'll report back on how it feels ASAP.

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Bird82 wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:
I recently sold my 2019 Large Clash and built up a new Large Meta AM29 and really like the feel of the longer reach. I was a little worried and tempted to switch to a medium, but am glad I went with the large. I’m 6’0” with a 6’3” wingspan. Mail order is tricky but I think if you know your numbers and can mess around with longer stems on a current build, you should be able to get a feel for what the added reach will feel like

How do you like the Meta compare to the Clash ? Does it feel more trail bike like?

Unfortunately we have snow here now, so only got to bomb around the yard and hit my sons practice jump a few times. The meta honestly doesn’t feel that much bigger than the clash did. I’m running the same renthal bar, but a 31mm stem compared to the 35 that was on the clash. The meta feels more aggressive than the clash did, likely because of how much slacker it is compared to the clash

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
austin-moses wrote:
I'm 6' 190lbs and had originally ordered a large and upon comparing the geometry to other similar bikes, the medium Clash was bigger in almost every dimension than other company's larges (YT Capra, Santa Cruz Nomad which I'm coming from, Canyon Torque, etc.). I called and asked the guys at the headquarters and they said that most of them sized down on the Clash because it felt a little bit more flickable, a few of them liked the long reach, but no one was entirely unhappy sizing either up or down. I switched my order from a Large to a Medium because it was pretty similar in geometry to my previous Nomad, but also took a step down in model to have one in January instead of April/May. The day I get it, it's getting built, pedalled, and hopefully taken to the local bike park, weather pending. I'm surprised so few people have put up any kind of feedback or reviews on these things, so If no one beats me to it, I'll report back on how it feels ASAP.

My medium signature in grey will be here in January also. I’ll be sure to post back my thoughts too.
I canceled a YT Shred to get this because of the updated geometry and it looked better....????

Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
austin-moses wrote:
I'm 6' 190lbs and had originally ordered a large and upon comparing the geometry to other similar bikes, the medium Clash was bigger in almost every dimension than other company's larges (YT Capra, Santa Cruz Nomad which I'm coming from, Canyon Torque, etc.). I called and asked the guys at the headquarters and they said that most of them sized down on the Clash because it felt a little bit more flickable, a few of them liked the long reach, but no one was entirely unhappy sizing either up or down. I switched my order from a Large to a Medium because it was pretty similar in geometry to my previous Nomad, but also took a step down in model to have one in January instead of April/May. The day I get it, it's getting built, pedalled, and hopefully taken to the local bike park, weather pending. I'm surprised so few people have put up any kind of feedback or reviews on these things, so If no one beats me to it, I'll report back on how it feels ASAP.

My medium signature in grey will be here in January also. I’ll be sure to post back my thoughts too.
I canceled a YT Shred to get this because of the updated geometry and it looked better....????

Yeah, I had to switch from a signature to a race. Other than the coil vs air rear shock, it's pretty much just the rockshox/sram version, so I didn't think it was that big of a hit. But I'm with you, everyone is doing something somewhat similar with their geometry, but the geometry on the Clash is definitely something new. I'm curious to say the least. That and I'm a little disappointed that brands like Santa Cruz and Transition released an entire line of 2021 bikes months ago EXCEPT for their 27.5" enduro bikes. Commencal had something to offer so it was an easy choice.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 2:43 Quote
Hi Guys. Just put in an order for a Clash Origin in medium. At 5'7 I'm now wondering if I should have gone small. anyone in this height range comment? I did post on FB and most people said go medium. Also any comment on the wheels/rims for the origin model. Worth running for a while or swap out asap? Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
CraigNzed wrote:
Hi Guys. Just put in an order for a Clash Origin in medium. At 5'7 I'm now wondering if I should have gone small. anyone in this height range comment? I did post on FB and most people said go medium. Also any comment on the wheels/rims for the origin model. Worth running for a while or swap out asap? Cheers

I'm the same height and would definitely buy a medium.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
My sons is 5.7 and medium is fine.
Short or long inseams does the difference
I’m 5.10 with short inseam (30) and bike fit well to me either

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
I’m around 175cm /5’9 and I just finished building up a -21 frame in size Medium. Could have gone with a S for a more playful feeling but it doesn’t feel that huge. A very different feeling coming from a -20 Canyon Spectral off the shelf though.

Just waiting for the snow to disappear so I can give it some proper laps.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 5:21 Quote
Hi, i'm looking at the commencal essential, i never had a fox fork and based on what they say on the site the fox 38 perfomance looks like an entry level fork. Is it true? or am i wrong? Thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
Alessioq wrote:
Hi, i'm looking at the commencal essential, i never had a fox fork and based on what they say on the site the fox 38 perfomance looks like an entry level fork. Is it true? or am i wrong? Thanks

Entry level Fox is not the same as entry level Rockshox. And the 38 performance is definitely not entry level. It is simply a less expensive version of the fork. An entry level Fox fork would be a Rhythm fork. Which is still far better then the low end Rockshox stuff.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
aktg wrote:
Alessioq wrote:
Hi, i'm looking at the commencal essential, i never had a fox fork and based on what they say on the site the fox 38 perfomance looks like an entry level fork. Is it true? or am i wrong? Thanks

Entry level Fox is not the same as entry level Rockshox. And the 38 performance is definitely not entry level. It is simply a less expensive version of the fork. An entry level Fox fork would be a Rhythm fork. Which is still far better then the low end Rockshox stuff.

So it is a good fork? i'm asking that because on my bike now i have a formula 35 (quite old but does a very good job) with the high speed compression and low speed compression and reading from commencal site, that fox 38 doesn't have any HSC,LSC but i as i said before i never had a fox fork so i don't know how them works.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
Alessioq wrote:
aktg wrote:
Alessioq wrote:
Hi, i'm looking at the commencal essential, i never had a fox fork and based on what they say on the site the fox 38 perfomance looks like an entry level fork. Is it true? or am i wrong? Thanks

Entry level Fox is not the same as entry level Rockshox. And the 38 performance is definitely not entry level. It is simply a less expensive version of the fork. An entry level Fox fork would be a Rhythm fork. Which is still far better then the low end Rockshox stuff.

So it is a good fork? i'm asking that because on my bike now i have a formula 35 (quite old but does a very good job) with the high speed compression and low speed compression and reading from commencal site, that fox 38 doesn't have any HSC,LSC but i as i said before i never had a fox fork so i don't know how them works.

Yes it’s a great fork. It has Fox’s Grip damper in it. And if you ever feel like you need more adjustability you can easily swap out the damper for the Grip2 and you will have LSC, HSC, LSR, HSR adjustments.

The damper is the only difference between the performance and performance elite. And then the factory version gets the kashima coated stanchions. They are all great forks.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
Thanks for input. Got a medium coming next week. Anyone tried running a megneg on the super deluxe? Got one from my old bike I might fit. Cheers

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
Got mine not long ago, finally some LEGTIME.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
My medium was delayed till next month. Can’t say I didn’t expect
it but was hoping it would be on time. Damn Covid-19!!!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006251
Mobile Version of Website