commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 5:09 Quote
skidmarkbro wrote:
I bought the Essential Sand build and just had it out in the Grand Junction/Fruita desert in Colorado last weekend. All I can say is THIS BIKE SHREDS! Yes it is built for the downhill (180mm/165mm) but this thing can hold it's own on the climbs too.

Uphill Thoughts:
Rode from the parking area to the top of the Lunch Loops riding area (1,100 feet over 3 miles) through some smoother single track and some very technical singletrack. My thoughts were that it did great on the smoother track, no noticeable bob or sag with pedal strokes, Fox X2 in climb mode, and was very comfortable for my body in climbing position. The more technical climbing sections it isn't as nimble and seems to lag a little when you want to get it up and over an obstacle. We also rode the horsethief bench trail at Loma, CO. Climbing the Mary's "fire road" was a breeze and would have never known this bike had 180/165 on it. Climbing out of horsethief is very smooth/sandy singletrack and again had no frustrations whatsoever on how it did climbing. Total mileage this day was around 17 miles of mixed uphill/downhill.

Downhill thoughts:
The Clash will rip whatever you put in front of it. Smooth flow trail, steep tech trail, 5 foot drops to bad transitions, you name it and this bike will amaze you. It loves speed, the faster you push it the more the bike will give you in performance and response. I was hitting drops and lines on my Clash the first ride that I wasn't even thinking about hitting at the end of last year on my 18' Transition Patrol. Very confidence inspiring and has already made me a better rider.

Maintenance thoughts: It is a new model and with that comes some unknown on what issues it may have. I just saw the shock mount issue and heard about the seat stay rubbing issue. As far as I can tell my Clash has neither of those issues after 3 days of hard riding. Will keep a watchful eye though.

I am 5'9" and weigh 140lbs on a size Medium Essential Sand build.

Thank you for the review! You answered a lot of questions I had about this bike! Cheers

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Has anyone measured the HTA on their clash? I assumed it was 65 based on the geo chart, but mines coming to 64 with a 180 fork. Not complaining, just curious, I thought it was built around a 180 fork, so just a bit confused.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
Anyone else have issues with linkage?

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
So far no issues I have seen with linkage. Looks normal enough to me.

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Look in the thread above, I posted about mine.

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
Adamtborski wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

I saw yours and I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues. I want to get this bike.

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Adamtborski wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

I saw yours and I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues. I want to get this bike.
It isnt really that bug a deal, just a annoying because they should've paid more attention to the problem.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
FindDigRideRepeat wrote:
Has anyone measured the HTA on their clash? I assumed it was 65 based on the geo chart, but mines coming to 64 with a 180 fork. Not complaining, just curious, I thought it was built around a 180 fork, so just a bit confused.

Just out of curiosity how are you measuring?

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
antigit wrote:
FindDigRideRepeat wrote:

Just out of curiosity how are you measuring?

Level tool on the fork stanchion

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
photo

just gonna leave this here...

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
700Pirate wrote:
photo

You gonna explain this master piece of art ?

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 20:36 Quote
700Pirate wrote:
photo

Are those... Avid Codes?

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
700Pirate wrote:
photo

Dang that’s sexy! Any more info?

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
Check under second hand - enduro:
There are 5 custom painted Clash, including the gold.

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/Mobile/enduro-c102x3457505

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 1:39 Quote
They have a few in that spec. So tempted but just bought a steel HT Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033852
Mobile Version of Website