commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
My Clash Signature arrived last week. I'm 5'10" and I got the medium
and it feels perfect. Bike is amazing so far in the rough downhills. Not
the greatest climber at all but that's not why I bought it. It does suck
that I already have to buy a beefier coil as the one that came on it is
too soft but oh well that's how it goes with coils!

It's a great downhill machine but definitely wouldn't be my choice for
an all around bike. Think I would get a Meta for that!

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
So commencal said both front and rear triangle are 100% warranty. They bumped me up to a 2021 frame, and after a LOT of over thinking I decided to go with another large.

The seat tube has changed in diameter so they offered me 20% dropper and seat clamp ( really happy I didn’t go with the axis now..) but I just got a ride alpha seat post because I ripped my dropper out on the last bike anyway.

It was hard to get the ball rolling but communication did improve and they ended up being quite pleasant to deal with. Frame should be here April 9th or at least in the country. My absolute rs arrives on the 19th of this month so At least I’ll have something to ride..

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 22:14 Quote
Trying to decide between the Meta and the Clash. Currently on a 2016 Capra that is about at the end of its life. Will be using it for dh and freeride where I have to pedal myself to the top. Live in the PNW so we have a lot of wet technical rooty terrain. Will also be doing a couple whistler trips and some local park in the summer.

On paper the meta is probably more practical on 29s, a little less travel, water bottle holder, etc. For some reason I just really want the clash. Also seems like it is universally loved by everyone who owns it.

Anyone go through the same thing and end up with the clash? Happy with your decision?

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
nwnaprider wrote:
Trying to decide between the Meta and the Clash. Currently on a 2016 Capra that is about at the end of its life. Will be using it for dh and freeride where I have to pedal myself to the top. Live in the PNW so we have a lot of wet technical rooty terrain. Will also be doing a couple whistler trips and some local park in the summer.

On paper the meta is probably more practical on 29s, a little less travel, water bottle holder, etc. For some reason I just really want the clash. Also seems like it is universally loved by everyone who owns it.

Anyone go through the same thing and end up with the clash? Happy with your decision?

I went through the same thought process but something drew me to the Clash. Loving the bike, no regrets.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 4:36 Quote
CraigNzed wrote:
nwnaprider wrote:

I went through the same thought process but something drew me to the Clash. Loving the bike, no regrets.

Same here was between Meta AM and Clash, but ordered Clash. I must admit it would be an interesting choice if Commencal had an option for 29” on Clash, thus mullet setups

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
ruthless750 wrote:
CraigNzed wrote:
nwnaprider wrote:

Same here was between Meta AM and Clash, but ordered Clash. I must admit it would be an interesting choice if Commencal had an option for 29” on Clash, thus mullet setups

I carry mullet in commencal clash

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
israi2fotos wrote:
ruthless750 wrote:
CraigNzed wrote:

Did you have to change the fork? Or were you able to clear 29” in current?

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
ruthless750 wrote:
israi2fotos wrote:
ruthless750 wrote:

Did you have to change the fork? Or were you able to clear 29” in current?

Fork 170mm 29"

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
So I went for mullet this year and made some upgrades for 2021 :

photo

- 2017 fox 36 factory w/ Push ACS3 coil 27.5 170mm -> 2020 Manitou Mezzer Pro 29er 170mm
- Nukeproof horizon wheelset -> Tairin MK2 27.5 rear / 29er front
- DHR2 2.6" 3c max terra exo -> Dissector 2.4wt 3c max grip DH casing
- DHF 2.6" 3c max grip exo -> Assegai 2.5wt 3c max grip DH casing

I had tannus armour last season and yeah it works incredibly well for peace of mind but it's so heavy so I'm trying DH casing instead since it's a lighter setup and should offer enough protection for my riding style

Haven't rided the setup yet as It's still winter here in Quebec but can't wait to try !!

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
Anyone else see the new Clash color and build coming later this year? There is a teaser on their Instagram looks pretty slick

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 4:00 Quote

It’s actually on there Commencalusa page

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 4:14 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:

It’s actually on there Commencalusa page

share everyone's photos Wink

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 12:36 Quote
Just preordered mine. Is customer service and everything alright? Also will they be shipping when they say they'll be shipping? If they get delayed I'll be screwed because I won't have a bike until they ship.

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:
Just preordered mine. Is customer service and everything alright? Also will they be shipping when they say they'll be shipping? If they get delayed I'll be screwed because I won't have a bike until they ship.

I just got a frame I ordered from them a week earlier then the estimated ship date. And in the US at least, Commencal is great as far as customer service goes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013692
Mobile Version of Website