commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
mcappsnbt wrote:
Looks like you’ve been lovingly polishing that fork LOL.

With my mouth baby! Nah I literally just opened the box before posting that. It's all new.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
Hi guys. I pre ordered a clash frame in January direct from commencal. Hoping it will arrive in the next few weeks. I'm planning on running saint cranks. Has anyone already done this? Thanks.

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
Also, I just demoed the Clash in Squamish and did alot of techy climbing and super fast steep gnar. I would personally recommend an L anyone within 2-3 inches of 6’ I am exactly 6’ tall.
The reach felt perfect I was able to have a super good body position on the descents it felt nimble yet super stable. Also it climbs well I was riding with the shock unlocked going up fire roads and techy climbs, there was very little pedal bob but also importantly there was still a tiny bit, which is super important in technical climbs otherwise you will have problems with grip.
I rode about 30-40 km on it, I think the long wait times are worth it (I have until September).

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
frednewton wrote:
Hi guys. I pre ordered a clash frame in January direct from commencal. Hoping it will arrive in the next few weeks. I'm planning on running saint cranks. Has anyone already done this? Thanks.
they should fit if the spindles are in SRAM’s dub sizing. Just make sure you have the right size front chainring if its too big or small the suspension won’t work properly, not many people know this.

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 3:13 Quote
So if I'm bang on 6ft tall and want a 2020 clash, should I get an M or L?

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 3:45 Quote
Kean1993 wrote:
So if I'm bang on 6ft tall and want a 2020 clash, should I get an M or L?
Get a large because the 2020 frames were smaller reach than the newer ones. Medium might feel too small.

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
Kean1993 wrote:
So if I'm bang on 6ft tall and want a 2020 clash, should I get an M or L?
I would highly recommend an L.

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
Has anybody run single speed on their clash?

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 0:37 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:
Has anybody run single speed on their clash?
Yes I've seen lots of people run it. One of commencal a riders had one single speed and 170mm fork.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
Hey guys, just to give you some advices/updates about the bike.
I’ve had the clash 2020 for nearly 2 years now and recently had a bit of play on my rear triangle. The wheel axis and bearings got displaced and moved a bit, so i told commencal and they sent me a new rear base with bearings. I also found a bit of latteral play on the bottom axle of the shock, commencal told me it’s « visual play » so let it be.
Those things happened to me and 2 of my friends who ride the clash and the answer from commencal were the same.
So check you bearings guys!

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
I have a clash with a zeb ultamite and super deluxe ultamite and I don’t know where to put a water bottle other. Anyone else experimented with this problem? Thanks

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
frednewton wrote:
DaFreerider44 wrote:
Has anybody run single speed on their clash?
Yes I've seen lots of people run it. One of commencal a riders had one single speed and 170mm fork.

Connor mcflarane I think has a single speed clash check him out on Instagram the bike looks sick

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
And also had anyone seen the dub cover thingy fall of your sram crank? The commencal shop in Squamish tightened it up with lock tight and it hasn’t fell out yet with 3 days in a row at Whistler bike park? Just wanted to see if anyone else has experience this?

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
isaacnewton123 wrote:
And also had anyone seen the dub cover thingy fall of your sram crank? The commencal shop in Squamish tightened it up with lock tight and it hasn’t fell out yet with 3 days in a row at Whistler bike park? Just wanted to see if anyone else has experience this?

I’ve lost mine and found 3 already in trails near me lol.

I just leave it in my toolbox now as I only need it when I want to disassemble the crank

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
Yeah the commencal store out some lock tight and it seems to stay in place now? Seems to be a common problem for sram because the shops don’t check that


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008048
Mobile Version of Website