commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
Ordered a Clash Essential at the end of April. Original delivery date was August which quickly became October. I sent an email asking about order updates this morning and heard that January of 2022 is the nearest delivery date for my bike. Just an update for y'all.

Might cancel my preorder and ride used bikes until this craziness blows over in a few years.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
[Quote="madmylo"][Quote="Sethsg"]
Capman wrote:

Hey Sethsg I am in the same situation also. I would hope due to the long wait and fact were pretty much getting last years bike they should give a discount or something...
No they shouldn't It was your decision to buy it and if you read on the website they do warn you that it might be delayed, also they are losing a large amount of money because they cannot get the bikes on time to customers.

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
I managed to get my clash in July. I've heard the fox parts are really holding up bikes.

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
[INSTAGRAM=https://www.instagram.com/p/CShFj-lnVlh/]

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
photo
I got my build finished. I'm so happy with it. Just got to wait for my ankle to heal up after breaking it so I can ride again.

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
Mini dh bike kinda! That’s so sick

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
Hey all

I finally got my 2021 Clash Origin in Large

Can’t figure out the setup yet and was hoping for a bit help on it

I’m about 6’2” and 200lbs with gear on

So have:
Front - Sag 25% with rebound -13 at 86 psi and LSC in the middle

Rear - Sag 28% at 205 psi (suspect volume spacers are in from factory so will check) as the end of stroke is super hard and LSC in the middle

Any tips as I feel like my shoulders got punished from yesterday’s ride and front was washing out on me. On the rear feels ok for small/mid drops but any larger felt hard as f

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
frednewton wrote:
photo
I got my build finished. I'm so happy with it. Just got to wait for my ankle to heal up after breaking it so I can ride again.

Now that's a beauty!

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
ruthless750 wrote:
Hey all

I finally got my 2021 Clash Origin in Large

Can’t figure out the setup yet and was hoping for a bit help on it

I’m about 6’2” and 200lbs with gear on

So have:
Front - Sag 25% with rebound -13 at 86 psi and LSC in the middle

Rear - Sag 28% at 205 psi (suspect volume spacers are in from factory so will check) as the end of stroke is super hard and LSC in the middle

Any tips as I feel like my shoulders got punished from yesterday’s ride and front was washing out on me. On the rear feels ok for small/mid drops but any larger felt hard as f

25% sag and middle compression will pack down and punish you(what tokens in it?), go back to 20% ish and open compression
Personally i dont care for sag at all, I adjust the shock and fork to feel like a good balance and generally leave it there.
is that the 38 or 36? the 38 prefers to sit higher to be supple.

However sore shoulders could also be from bar too wide/too much forward weight, usually suspension will effect hands/arms. Personally at 6ft 800mm bars are too wide for me and in big steep runs my shoulders would kill me, i mucked around with bars alot, ended up with oneup 35mm rise carbon cut to 780.

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Fork is YARI 36

I didn’t even think of the bar being wide and you are right it felt like I was hugging a huge tree.

I’ll give the open compression plus a bit more psi in front (no tokens in it)

I think I’ll pull the tokens from rear this weekend also (maybe leave one)

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
From my experience I doubt the sore shoulders is the fork, mine was more bike fit such as the bars, I've had Yari's and currently have one on my ebike and it goes awesome.
i do have a charger damper to go in it but havnt got around to it.

and sorry was looking at the above pic and thought that was your bike haha

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
My bike park machine Commencal Clash Race 2022

First time posting in this forum! Here's my 2021 Clash Race that I've modified a bit. This bike is literally a purpose built bike park basher so I've done some changes:
1) removed the dropper post
2) went to a 10 speed setup with Zee derailleur and a 11-36 XT cassette
3) Box One TR 36 rear wheel (until my HG adapter comes for my Spank wheel... then I'll put that bad boy back on)
4) tan wall Maxxis DHF on the front
5) Spank Spoon 40R handlebars
6) Funn Stem
7) Chromag Overture saddle
Plus custom fork graphics from Slik

Was able to drop a few pounds with those changes and she's weighing in at 33 lbs (Large frame). Definitely a dream bike for me!

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
jptothetree wrote:
My bike park machine Commencal Clash Race 2022

First time posting in this forum! Here's my 2021 Clash Race that I've modified a bit. This bike is literally a purpose built bike park basher so I've done some changes:
1) removed the dropper post
2) went to a 10 speed setup with Zee derailleur and a 11-36 XT cassette
3) Box One TR 36 rear wheel (until my HG adapter comes for my Spank wheel... then I'll put that bad boy back on)
4) tan wall Maxxis DHF on the front
5) Spank Spoon 40R handlebars
6) Funn Stem
7) Chromag Overture saddle
Plus custom fork graphics from Slik

Was able to drop a few pounds with those changes and she's weighing in at 33 lbs (Large frame). Definitely a dream bike for me!
That looks nice. I'm running A zee mech too.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
photo

My Clash origin 2020 with little upgrades

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 3:36 Quote
photo

My commencal clash 2020 origins. Few upgrades are absolute black oval chainring and fox Dpx2 shock. Have fork upgrades on the way to upgrade the Yari. Had it almost a year now. Had a few head games with the climbing performance of it coming from a 140mm norco sight. Realise now mentally that I’m never going to be at the front of the pack now but it still pedals well and gets me to where I need to go. Love it and it’s more than capable on the downhills. Had it at fort William last week and it was epic.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019673
Mobile Version of Website