commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 4:20 Quote
Binnie17 wrote:
My commencal clash 2020 origins. Few upgrades are absolute black oval chainring and fox Dpx2 shock. Have fork upgrades on the way to upgrade the Yari. Had it almost a year now. Had a few head games with the climbing performance of it coming from a 140mm norco sight. Realise now mentally that I’m never going to be at the front of the pack now but it still pedals well and gets me to where I need to go. Love it and it’s more than capable on the downhills. Had it at fort William last week and it was epic.

Looks great! Have you looked for replacement skin wall Vee tires? I sliced open my rear tire last week and couldn't find a replacement to match the front so I went with a skin wall Big Betty. We'll see how well they match... Front still has a ton of life left.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
znelson wrote:
Binnie17 wrote:
My commencal clash 2020 origins. Few upgrades are absolute black oval chainring and fox Dpx2 shock. Have fork upgrades on the way to upgrade the Yari. Had it almost a year now. Had a few head games with the climbing performance of it coming from a 140mm norco sight. Realise now mentally that I’m never going to be at the front of the pack now but it still pedals well and gets me to where I need to go. Love it and it’s more than capable on the downhills. Had it at fort William last week and it was epic.

Looks great! Have you looked for replacement skin wall Vee tires? I sliced open my rear tire last week and couldn't find a replacement to match the front so I went with a skin wall Big Betty. We'll see how well they match... Front still has a ton of life left.

Thanks mate. I have yes. Since this photo I have a dhf on front and assegai on rear. The vee tires were not bad but definite improvement with the maxxis.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
On way to mullet...

170mm (44os) 29 zeb in, but still with the 27.5 front wheel.

On paper with this setup should be 64.37° HA, but measured, in no lab condition, It's @ 63.8°.
Effectively, It look and feel lot more like it what was measured than what paper shows compared with the 2021 Clash (64° HA).

For me, I think it's on the limit for this bike on trails I ride, feels awesome stable on downhills, just a little slow on corners, but its on its limits for pedaling uphill, so I doubt if would be better even more slackness with the @ -0.5° a 29 wheel would add.

Any suggestion welcome.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Order status update:

Originally, my clash frame is supposed to come in July, then I was told it was delayed till mid-October or even early November.

The good news is, I got a call from Commencal 5 mins ago, and I was told that they have my frame, and I'll receive the shipping update next Monday.

If you received the pre-order update email from Commencal on Jul 28th, your frame or bike is probably on its way to you next week.

If you ever see a phone call from colorado on your phone, be sure to answer it, that is very likely to be the confirmation phone call before Commencal ships out your order.

Hope everybody can get their bikes soon!

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
GCRDONO wrote:
Order status update:

Originally, my clash frame is supposed to come in July, then I was told it was delayed till mid-October or even early November.

The good news is, I got a call from Commencal 5 mins ago, and I was told that they have my frame, and I'll receive the shipping update next Monday.

If you received the pre-order update email from Commencal on Jul 28th, your frame or bike is probably on its way to you next week.

If you ever see a phone call from colorado on your phone, be sure to answer it, that is very likely to be the confirmation phone call before Commencal ships out your order.

Hope everybody can get their bikes soon!
I got tired of waiting so I picked up a Meta AM 2021 for a super good deal.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 3:09 Quote

Updated build. Finally got my Yari upgraded to the debonair air spring and charger damper 2.1. Feel like a new bike on the climbs and more so on the descents. Other minor upgrades are red headset spacers, red rotor bolts, new decals for fork and shock and new red presta valves incoming.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 3:41 Quote
tomasreyes wrote:
On way to mullet...

170mm (44os) 29 zeb in, but still with the 27.5 front wheel.

On paper with this setup should be 64.37° HA, but measured, in no lab condition, It's @ 63.8°.
Effectively, It look and feel lot more like it what was measured than what paper shows compared with the 2021 Clash (64° HA).

For me, I think it's on the limit for this bike on trails I ride, feels awesome stable on downhills, just a little slow on corners, but its on its limits for pedaling uphill, so I doubt if would be better even more slackness with the @ -0.5° a 29 wheel would add.

Any suggestion welcome.

Hello,

For a mullet I recommend changing the 29er fork to 160mm travel. Also rear shock should be limited to 60mm stroke instead 65mm for balanced suspension feel (rear will be ~160mm)
Also for the shock, you could install 8mmx20mm OFFSET bushing in opposite way to slighlty lengthen the eye to eye. 1.5mm offset will move your rear wheel up by 4.5mm so steepen the head angle ~0.2 degree. BB drop will still be -2mm.

I think it can be preety nice mullet.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
Did you take the V1 o V2 base geometry?

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
FYI, Offset Bushings aren't meant to be used in reverse so we can't recommend it.

Jeron @ Offset Bushings

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
jezzah wrote:
FYI, Offset Bushings aren't meant to be used in reverse so we can't recommend it.

Jeron @ Offset Bushings

Was gonna say. People mention doing it all over but it only makes sense that they’re going to roll and do the exact opposite

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
I took Clash V2 geo which I own for few weeks.
I didn't notice that post I quoted was about V1.

@jezzah, can you elaborate why it's bad to use the offset opposite side? I've been using it for three years on my former enduro bike without problem.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Swarz wrote:
I took Clash V2 geo which I own for few weeks.
I didn't notice that post I quoted was about V1.

@jezzah, can you elaborate why it's bad to use the offset opposite side? I've been using it for three years on my former enduro bike without problem.
Because the bushings are going to want to work their way back to the intended offset position since it's just friction holding them reversed.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
Ok I understand.

So it can make some unwanted forces on shock mounts. It will simply want to rotate under pressure.
Luckily I didn't destroyed anything as I was using it for three years in that opposite configuration. I just noticed that paint is scraping off around the shock mount and also there was something that I would call galvanic corrosion or at leas it looked like that but I'm not sure.
I used two offset (one 6mm and other 8mm) bushings installed on DVO Jade shock of old size 222x68mm to fit it to VPP enduro frame that was constructed for 230mmx65. It resulted in 227mm eye to eye length and 0.5 degree head angle less. After tweak the linkage was also very progressive at the end of travel which I needed for jumps.

I now have Clash that is much more suited for the job but I'm happy that the old frame is OK after 3 years of riding.

However I will no longer include offset bushing in opposite way for my potential frame tweaks. So thanks for information.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
How does everyone deal with the hole in the 2020/2021 downtube? The one at the head of the rear shock? I’m worried mud and water and junk is going to get into it and get into the bb. Anyone know if there’s a plug you can get for the frame?

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
CITIZEN-ONE wrote:
How does everyone deal with the hole in the 2020/2021 downtube? The one at the head of the rear shock? I’m worried mud and water and junk is going to get into it and get into the bb. Anyone know if there’s a plug you can get for the frame?
I’m pretty sure you can buy plugs, the holes are for a remote lockout which is kinda funny for a bike like this.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009765
Mobile Version of Website