commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
CITIZEN-ONE wrote:
How does everyone deal with the hole in the 2020/2021 downtube? The one at the head of the rear shock? I’m worried mud and water and junk is going to get into it and get into the bb. Anyone know if there’s a plug you can get for the frame?

My 2020 came with a chunk of foam shoved in there. It hasn't been a problem

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 2:45 Quote
CITIZEN-ONE wrote:
How does everyone deal with the hole in the 2020/2021 downtube? The one at the head of the rear shock? I’m worried mud and water and junk is going to get into it and get into the bb. Anyone know if there’s a plug you can get for the frame?
The 2021 model got rid of this hole in frame also the BB shell is a solid shell all the way through the frame so nothing in the downtube can get into the bottom bracket

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Thanks for the replies. I have the 2021 V1, which is quite literally the 2020 frame with the new paintjob so it still has the cut out. I figure the foam in there should hold most junk out however I sent an inquiry to Commencal today, if there is an insert available I'll post it up when I get my response.

Thanks.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
Current bike: 2021 Clash.

Question: 160lb rider, what size coil should I ride on a fox Dhx2. Please post your weight and coil sizes please!

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
Rider weight 210 lbs

500 lb spring in “sensitive”
425 lb spring in “dynamic”

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 20:57 Quote
It varies that much once you flip the chip eh? Damn. Good to know

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
Hi there

Can someone tell me what size of Hope crank arm Axel I will need for my  COMMENCAL CLASH ORIGIN 2021 please

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
Freeride build
Hey guys, here is my 2022 clash buid. Basically a big slopestyle / freeride bike.
Singlespeed and barpin ready, full chromag build, hutchinson tires and sensus meaty paws. The only parts left from my 2020 clash are the suspension, cranks and the brakes.
Commencal sent me this frame as a warranty replacement of the old 2020 frame because of a recurrent issue on the rear triangle. This frame is in Medium as my last was in Large but the new sizing makes the bike so playfull.
Its really a dream bike!

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
Freeride build
Hey guys, here is my 2022 clash buid. Basically a big slopestyle / freeride bike.
Singlespeed and barpin ready, full chromag build, hutchinson tires and sensus meaty paws. The only parts left from my 2020 clash are the suspension, cranks and the brakes.
Commencal sent me this frame as a warranty replacement of the old 2020 frame because of a recurrent issue on the rear triangle. This frame is in Medium as my last was in Large but the new sizing makes the bike so playfull.
Its really a dream bike!
That looks really nice. It sounds lots of fun too, similar to how I've built mine, for freeride and jumps.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
Hey guys, a few weeks ago I ordered my Clash frame and bought parts for it. I am thinking of running a 10 speed zee drivetrain on it, as I primarily ride downhill and bike park, and I also already had the drivetrain. Do you think I would face the chain rub on frame issue? I was reading through here and saw it seemed to be a somewhat common problem. Also, any special bits you recommend I get for it to make it run better?

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
BlakeCampbell wrote:
Hey guys, a few weeks ago I ordered my Clash frame and bought parts for it. I am thinking of running a 10 speed zee drivetrain on it, as I primarily ride downhill and bike park, and I also already had the drivetrain. Do you think I would face the chain rub on frame issue? I was reading through here and saw it seemed to be a somewhat common problem. Also, any special bits you recommend I get for it to make it run better?
no problems at all with 10 speed zee mech on mine. Ive got a 2021, I think the issue was older frames.

Posted: Mar 5, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
frednewton wrote:
BlakeCampbell wrote:
no problems at all with 10 speed zee mech on mine. Ive got a 2021, I think the issue was older frames.

The short cage will only work on a smaller 10sp cassette. If I remember correctly the biggest cog you can have was like 48t but double check because no sense in buying and finding out the hard way. I went with the shimano slx 11speed derailleur for my 10sp as the it works with a 10s cassette

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 0:16 Quote
frednewton wrote:
BlakeCampbell wrote:
How old frame? As I got a 2020 Commencal Clash Signature frame.

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 0:17 Quote
dhagz wrote:
frednewton wrote:
BlakeCampbell wrote:

The short cage will only work on a smaller 10sp cassette. If I remember correctly the biggest cog you can have was like 48t but double check because no sense in buying and finding out the hard way. I went with the shimano slx 11speed derailleur for my 10sp as the it works with a 10s cassette
Don't think that will be an issue, as I've ran the drivetrain before on a previous bike and it worked fine

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 1:48 Quote
BlakeCampbell wrote:
frednewton wrote:
BlakeCampbell wrote:
How old frame? As I got a 2020 Commencal Clash Syignature frame.
2021 polished clash. I pre ordered it from commencal last January, broke my ankle last may and it arrived in July.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007900
Mobile Version of Website