commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Swarz wrote:
@ChilliBin

The wood is 230-65mm = 165mm eye to eye length.
Holes are very tight 8mm and 10mm as it is hardware. The upper bolt 8mm - I had to even screw it in (it cut it's own thread during installation)

With stock shock I firstly lifted rear end of the bike about 1mm off the ground, centered with that white chair and corrected according to level gauge placed on seat, made entire bike inline with front wheel and measured rear axle bolt from the ground.

After installation of wooden plank I repeat the process.

I don't think there can be more error than 1 - 2 mm in my metodology. I now believe Commencal saying it's 155mm travel in dynamic is correct figure...or very close to.

In sensitive mode I have the same experience...easy to bottom and use all travel. In dynamic/responsive is harder to achieve all travel.

Did you perform this same measurement in sensitive setting as comparison? What were the results?

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
vonSpurling wrote:

Did you perform this same measurement in sensitive setting as comparison? What were the results?

No I didn't...at least not yet. But I don't have reason to not believe commencal that it's got 170mm travel in that mode.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 3:35 Quote
Soooo back to sensitive mode with a megneg and less sag then?

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:42 Quote
Swarz wrote:
vonSpurling wrote:

No I didn't...at least not yet. But I don't have reason to not believe commencal that it's got 170mm travel in that mode.

I agree - but it would reinforce your method and further prove your accuracy.

I recently switched back to sensitive after riding dynamic for a year, and I find the 155/170 numbers easy to believe.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
Does anyone have a picture of what the clash looks like with the rear shock rotated so that the reservoir is closer to the seat tube? Trying to figure out what it looks like mounting a water bottle inside my front triangle

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18279911/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18258363/

these are around page 17 or so in this thread

trumbullhucker55 wrote:
Does anyone have a picture of what the clash looks like with the rear shock rotated so that the reservoir is closer to the seat tube? Trying to figure out what it looks like mounting a water bottle inside my front triangle

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 19:32 Quote
redman733 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18279911/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18258363/

these are around page 17 or so in this thread

trumbullhucker55 wrote:

Awesome, thanks alot! Looks like I will be doing this

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
In clash 2021/22, the chain line is, 52 or 55?

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
Anyone thought about/tried to up the rear shock to 240x75 from 230x65 to increase the rear travel? Currently running the new school mullet 27.5/26 and thinking I could negate the slackness and add a little more travel as a bonus.

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 19:01 Quote
What air pressures are you guys running? Tokens?
I have a '21 Ride with a Zeb select, and Super Deluxe select.
I weigh 230 pounds, 5'11"

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 2:10 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
What air pressures are you guys running? Tokens?
I have a '21 Ride with a Zeb select, and Super Deluxe select.
I weigh 230 pounds, 5'11"
I run high pressure, about 95 or 100 psi and 4 volume spacers. I'm 6'4" and 95kg, 210 pounds.
I've set it up to be very stiff for jumping.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 1:50 Quote

New clash owner here, loving the way this thing rides, but at very nearly 17kg out of the box it just feels so heavy. Any effective ways of shedding some weight, before I start hitting the gym ?

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 2:03 Quote
17Kg without a dropper post? ouch Eek This thing is a pig.
lighter wheels and tyres are always a good way to shed some weight (since its rotating weights, you will feel it more easily than a 300g shed on the fork for exemple).
Now, this bike looks like its design to take some abuse, so not sure where you can save some weight. Maybe a lighter fork, lighter drivetrain,....but this is a lot of money.
17 kg is heavy, but if you plan to do some serious DH and don't want to ride more than 1000-1500m of elevation gain, you'll be ok I think.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 2:12 Quote
I'd start with the fork, and maybe.. if where you ride does'nt require DH tyres get some single ply. These are heavy bikes though, they're built to take abuse

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 19:47 Quote
Antonimoore wrote:

New clash owner here, loving the way this thing rides, but at very nearly 17kg out of the box it just feels so heavy. Any effective ways of shedding some weight, before I start hitting the gym ?

Wheelset .... That's key to reducing weight ....
Personally I'm gonna try some Tubolito tubes eventually .... Maybe lighter wheels if I have spare cash and I'm feeling bored. Tubolitos though, seem to really cut weight for minimal cost, Well still keeping tubeless out of the picture. Although maybe tubeless could work for you? Not a tubeless fan here personally, but it works for many people.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010934
Mobile Version of Website